Main Menu

Ilmaterian healers gear and color fix

Started by destinysdesire, Dec 02, 2015, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinysdesire

Okay so I have been hunting the server for Ilmaterian gear since there is 2 or 3 temples either related to the Triad or to Ilmater directly. First thing I found was the one in Arabel, has no shop currently but as I was told its being rebalanced. Hoping to see some actual Ilmaterian stuff in there *hint hint*

Second one was in Thunderlan (( Spellcheck? )) which is a Temple to the Triad. Here I expected to find gear relating to all of the gods....instead I found that the temple is obsessively filled with stuff to Tyr, to the point even most of the healing items are his? Healing isn't even in his domain...the very few things I found was a robe in grey...though for note, Ilmaterian colors are white and red, and a tower shield. A staff of Ilmaterian healing, Some Ilmaterian Armors, Helmets, Bracers, boots, cloaks...items like that for all "3" gods being represented at the temple would make sense.

If not there then perhaps spread them between the Ilmaterian temple and that one? 
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Deleted

Okay... "obsessively filled" is a bit misleading.  Until recently (a few years ago) it was the only Triad temple, and it's primary patron IS Tyr.  It is the faction home for Triadic worshippers, primarily paladins.

Note that the area outside of Arabel is not an Ilmateri temple.  It's a monastery.  It will have suitable things for such a monastery, but not necessarily healing items.

Edge

The Thundarlun shrine - it's not really a full temple - is primarily a Tyrran shrine, hence the primary focus there. The priestess who works there and the PC who established it years ago are both Tyrrans.

Redesigning the armor and clothing is actually extremely low on our priority list because we have the tailoring models; if there's a specific design for the clothing you want, you can craft it to that appearance as you desire. Some of those things do say "don't change the appearance" but frankly in my opinion that's a tagline that needs to go away. I personally would not complain too much if that was ignored (at least on most shop items; DM items and certain loot items are a different case), but other staff members may feel differently.

In any case, there are two main reasons the shops have been somewhat slow in getting tweaked. One is that the builders have a lot of other projects on their plate, particularly adding and updating dungeons and an upcoming hak update that among other things will add some more base classes, change or improve some of our Prestige Classes (including removing race restrictions on a couple of them), new builder resources, and some other fun stuff. It's a big, time-consuming project and has eaten up a lot of the time available. As a result, I unfortunately can't even begin to give you an ETA on when those shops might be adjusted or put back into the module, as they're a bit of a ways down the list of focus right now and that's unlikely to change incredibly soon.

Second is that while having items in shops, especially items associated with this or that religion, is a nice thing to have, we encourage players to get the majority of their equipment from adventuring. The stuff you'll find in the treasure will always be superior to equivalent-leveled stuff you'll find in shops (not counting Hawkfeather's, since that's all sold adventurer-found gear), and this is by design.

----

As an aside, there have been a TON of new players playing Ilmateri characters. Kind of an unusual deity to get this much influx of focus all at once.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

destinysdesire

What can we say, Ilmater rules lol, and yeah, I didn't mean that to come out as criticizing the server, I am bad with wording sometimes and apologize if that came off wrong. I love the server so far and all thats in it!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

onivel

Up until a few months ago, Zoey was the -ONLY- Ilmateri on the server for years.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Edge

And prior to that, it was only Algon, who's been IC dead (there should be a statue somewhere in Suzail honoring his sacrifice to save the city from a freaking meteor sent by a Drow Matron) since about 2007.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Deleted

Edge

... sorry I thought it was already in?

onivel

Edge Avatar
And prior to that, it was only Algon, who's been IC dead (there should be a statue somewhere in Suzail honoring his sacrifice to save the city from a freaking meteor sent by a Drow Matron) since about 2007.

He's the one who converted Zoey too 
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Deleted

Okay... so back on topic.  My next project after the Stonehaven update is to update the Thundarlun store.  I'm 100% okay with someone making some Ilmateri items and sending them to me for the store.