Main Menu

Prayer / Good Juju Request for a Friend

Started by Goat, Jan 16, 2016, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

Hey guys, I normally wouldn't post anything like this at all, but it has really struck me.  A friend / coworker of mine who recently became engaged and has a newborn daughter was diagnosed right before Christmas with Stage 4 melanoma that had spread to his brain. He's remaining very upbeat and positive despite grim news and worsening problems associated with some treatments, and I truly admire that he can go through this with a smile and joke; I know I couldn't.  So if you could spare a moment or two of your time, write a prayer request at church, or whatever other faith that you practice, however you chose to send whatever healing energy, I can't say how much I would appreciate it, and I know that he and his family would too.

That being said, if anything, please, please, please, visit a dermatologist at some point, or mention to your doctor during your yearly physical if you have any unusual moles and have them look at them.  It's quick, painless, and honestly, could save your life.  I myself have had to have several moles removed, and was shocked to learn that three were pre-cancerous.  This issue hits close to home.  I love all you guys and appreciate our community.

Here's a link about moles by the American Academy of Dermatology, for those that are interested.
Dysplastic Moles

And for those who are curious about the friend in question, yes, it is to a Go Fund Me, but I'm not posting it here to ask people to donate money, if you chose to do so, know that it will go to a great guy.

Dads Against Melanoma

destinysdesire

My heart filled prayers and hopes for the man, I really pray for good results in beating this. My heart goes out to the family who must really be struggling at this time!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Arya

Heart and prayers your way, sir. We hope things will get better for you.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

Positive thoughts and energy to your friend, Goat.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

onivel

Sorry to hear this... thoughts and prayers out to them and you.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

theshobit

Absolutely, your and your co-worker/friend and your families are in my thoughts and prayers. <3

Ogre Time Yay

I wish them luck, all the best, and prayers in our hearts.  Ain't no grave gonna keep him down.