Main Menu

Who is Your Character Based Off of? [Revived]

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Dec 27, 2013, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realityjumper

Tindra kind of evolved from me, my dancing, etc. But when I saw Tangled... yeah.
Frying pans, who knew??
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA_Ri92phRg

Lena?

Merida. Hands down. Her hair, her attitude, even the attitude of her parents. Same alto tone, only without the Irish brogue. She's more Valley Girl that way.

First clip of the three in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxEUulsmBk

"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Deleted

Cara started as a combination of Drusilla and Faith from Buffy.  After seeing Firefly and Serenity, she has more than a little River Tam to her personality as well.  (Edge has since informed me that this is the "Joss Whedon Special.")  She fights like River and acts like Drusilla (in her less coherent moments).

Ogre Time Yay

Yedir Crowblade is heavily based off of a Call of Duty character, (Yes, I'm aware of how unpopular the series has grown among crowds I tend to hang around) this specific character I always thought was very in-depth, his personality and spirit deserved alot more than the short portion of story that the game he came from offered him. So I made Yedir Crowblade in hopes of carrying on the dark nature and appearance of Viktor Reznov, minus the shortness that comes with being a Dwarf. Yedir Crowblade, the proud Dwarven bard and war vet, disowned by his original clan before he was even born, along with his father and grand father, and his father. They take on the name 'Crowblade', and pass down a less traditional style of combat among Dwarves, and a light body of crow like armor in their family. Yedir, after a battle gone very bad against orcs on the outskirts of Skullcrag, had become the last surviving member of the Crowblade name.

Ogre Time Yay

Rene Tounier, or by his real name Ryota Takeda, is my detective character who came from Kara Tur at a young age and successfully assimilated into Faerun human culture. He is smart, perceptive, clever, and the character he is -loosely- based off of is Sherlock Holmes. He's my character that is able to fight here and there when he needs to, but prefers to defeat his enemy by outsmarting them. A detective through and through.

Valimar Dragonbane

Just remembered another character of mine that has a distinct sort of voice and attitude on my head.  Vilith is my sort of standard rubber-stamped elf rogue that I start on new servers.  A touch jaded, a little bitter.  When I was asked who she most resembled, I picked Michelle Rodriguez.  Not only does she have the sort of appearance I imagine, but the overall attitude is right.

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Silveryfeather

I love the movie "Almost Famous" and Kate Hudson as Penny Lane in all her cuteness inspired me to create Celina Dorynall.

Sophia originally had brown hair, and was the star in an old story I began writing but never finished.  At the time, no one character defined her per say, but Dr Who was the original inspiration for that story and she developed out of that.  But, most of her, is unique and original due to the fact that no single character was made from it.   The actual inspiration was the Orbital Theme song for Dr Who.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_o6ncUz3g  This works fairly well.  I translate music into characters, the process is slightly more complex of course.

As for Neisha, that one's a mystery, as you might imagine.  Originally, I thought an elf with a bone arm sounded weird, and I love weird so, no specific character again.  More Swans:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyqBbLGmJg  By far their best album.

Soril Nesatu was an old UO character of mine that was a half demon.  Except he had permanent red skin, horns, a tail, wings, yadda yadda.  Anyway, I thought about "The Undertaker" from WWF.  That defines him fairly well, or "Kain" again WWF.
I
Sorn Duskryn is even older than Soril, but his creation wasn't based off a pre existing person/thing.  It was more, "I need a drow" and my friend was like "Here's one, he killed his brother" and that started everything.  Chaos and murder ensued.  But, I always thought of Sorn being like Joneleth Irenicus from Balder's Gate 2.  He's just that kind of bad assed mage without limits.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6LbhhoOSIw  This is Sorn at his best.

Ghooooost

Well. I stole the name Kallyr from a character in King of Dragon Pass who had the same name. In the game, she was essentially a Saxon Superman. Since her conception, MY Kallyr has very likely become a lot more of a bitch than her original.

aceheart

Ogre Time Yay Avatar
Yedir Crowblade is heavily based off of a Call of Duty character, (Yes, I'm aware of how unpopular the series has grown among crowds I tend to hang around) this specific character I always thought was very in-depth, his personality and spirit deserved alot more than the short portion of story that the game he came from offered him. So I made Yedir Crowblade in hopes of carrying on the dark nature and appearance of Viktor Reznov, minus the shortness that comes with being a Dwarf. Yedir Crowblade, the proud Dwarven bard and war vet, disowned by his original clan before he was even born, along with his father and grand father, and his father. They take on the name 'Crowblade', and pass down a less traditional style of combat among Dwarves, and a light body of crow like armor in their family. Yedir, after a battle gone very bad against orcs on the outskirts of Skullcrag, had become the last surviving member of the Crowblade name.
PURE ARRAY FFA, brah

The Red Mage

Yedir Crowblade, the proud Dwarven bard and war vet, disowned by his original clan before he was even born, along with his father and grand father, and his father. They take on the name 'Crowblade', and pass down a less traditional style of combat among Dwarves, and a light body of crow like armor in their family.

Ogre Time Yay

aceheart Avatar
Ogre Time Yay Avatar
PURE ARRAY FFA, brah
*Looks it up on Google to find out what that means...*

aceheart

If you post a Ghost Ops vid, but don't know what Array is then I guess you didn't play multiplayer.

Ogre Time Yay

aceheart Avatar
If you post a Ghost Ops vid, but don't know what Array is then I guess you didn't play multiplayer.
Not too much, no. :P
I was just mostly a fan of Reznov in that game.

The Red Mage

I thought Array was a Black Ops(not 2) map? Man, the camp on that stage was unreal by good teams in C3. But it was fun in FFA because of the strip at D3-D4. People would just run there mindlessly.

daphne

I utterly adored Almost Famous.  :)

Sheighley Flynn was loosely modeled on the star of "Ella Enchanted" - a very cute movie.  There's the part where Ella (Anne Hathaway) channels Freddie Mercury - and that was the start of Sheighley.