Main Menu

OOC warning to all players....

Started by destinysdesire, Feb 12, 2016, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinysdesire

I am starting to get the warning notice that my Hard Disk Drive is malfunctioning...I already made a point of getting an External Hard Drive, but I am hoping to get a brand new computer soon. If I vanish inexplicably...that's why.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

thorien

My previous HDD have passed away during RP here. Curse or what? ;)

destinysdesire

It may be false....but I am taking every precaution to protect myself if it really is dying.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Ryoko Honda

You might just get away with buying a new hard drive and just installing Windows 10 on the new one. Once you already own a Windows machine you simply have to call up windows to get a key to transfer windows 10 to a new drive. That is if your using window 7. 

They'll disable the old key and give you a new one pretty easily. Though If you in for new PC I wish you good fortunate! New PCs are always exciting!!

destinysdesire

I prefer to stay with Windows 7, and hoping to not have to buy a new comp.

Arya

:-( Hope things improve! Sucks when players suffer from hard drive issues.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Ryoko Honda

Windows 10 is not bad. Both Faelon and I use it ^^

destinysdesire

Its not bad, but theres a reason they are literally giving it away for free, its literally designed to spy on its users.

Fire Wraith

You can turn off the telemetry options.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

destinysdesire

Well, computer is in the shop.....costing me 200.00 to get it fixed, but on a laptop for now...

foo

Someone's overcharging you for that problem... Its like 100 bucks for the hdd tops and two hours of labor at $15 an hour...

destinysdesire

Plus the install of a brand new operating system, and its a private company.

foo

destinysdesire Avatar
Plus the install of a brand new operating system, and its a private company.
Yeah, Exactly, 2 hours. I work fast, because I care about my customers :D

Best of luck, save your data on an External and make the move, costs are inevitable.  I'm so sorry to hear about this.
Maybe someone can lend a OS cd and/or the partition isn't damaged?  *prays*  

CD's are a pain, but the new HDD is gonna sting.

silverwolf64

*wishes* could  help you with that hun .. know how it feels.

If you lived round me I'd reinstall it for nothing.   LOL  worked doing that as systems adming for uncle same for 9 1/2 years .  XD  so had my share of doing that. 

Least you don't have one of the new lappys they are a royal pain to do anything with anymore .. the desktop I am using is over 10 years old and I rebuilt it for use.  

But yeah thats way too expensive Foos right their padding to their cost