Main Menu

News or updates to downed server?

Started by destinysdesire, Mar 19, 2016, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinysdesire

Is there any news or updates as to what has happened? Is Fire Wraith alright??
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Edge

Looks like there's some kind of power outage in his part of the world.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

destinysdesire

Thanks for the Update!! Hopefully everything will be back up and running soon!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Garage Trashcan

He lives in an area on the East Coast that gets hit with a lot of storms. Sometimes Thor gets angry.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

destinysdesire

Has consideration ever been given for a backup Host? Someone that can host the server while the main host is down?

Garage Trashcan

It's usually only down for a few hours at a time, at worst. The other admins should have remote access provided the machine is still running and it's a software crash. If the machine itself goes down, then it's up to FW to reboot  it manually but I can't even fill an entire hand with the number of times I've seen that happen. At worst it's only a day or two if he's out of town and even then, he's cut his trips short to come get the server back up.

Because he loves us that much.

destinysdesire

I love him too, but it IS good to have at least 1 admin with a back up hosting, there could be a time when he loses power for over a week, with that an admin could easily throw up the spare server to keep things running smoothly until he can get back and get it up.

destinysdesire

The server just officially went back up!!! YAY FIRE WRAITH!!

Edge

I can't speak for Vincent, but neither Bella nor I have a server machine nor connection speeds that could handle hosting CD.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Deleted

destinysdesire Avatar
I love him too, but it IS good to have at least 1 admin with a back up hosting, there could be a time when he loses power for over a week, with that an admin could easily throw up the spare server to keep things running smoothly until he can get back and get it up.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game and our server, there's not a need for a backup server.  As DA said, there's only been a handful of times that the we've been down for an extended period of time.  12 hours isn't an unbearable wait.  ;)

Ryoko Honda

One time on Amia. The server was down for 2 weeks because the admin / dev was overseas.

Garage Trashcan

I think if the server was down for two weeks, people could survive. I'm sure most people here probably have Steam libraries full of games they never touched.

Edge

YOU DON'T KNOW ME
YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE

>_> <_<

FaeFae

This just tempts me to write a post detailing the Cormyr and the Dalelands Paid Subscription Plan and Perks on April 1st.

$15 a month will yield LETO priority, a monthly bag of holding grant, dye colors unavailable for free to play members, an additional 5,000 starting gold, and take 1/2 respawn penalties.

(Not Really. Don't take the above seriously. It's an MMO Parody.)

Edge

At least it's not microtransactions.