Main Menu

Incoming Reduced Playtime

Started by ladybug, Mar 29, 2016, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybug

So, as some of you know, I teach for a living. I'm moving to a new district at the end of this school year and almost a complete diagonal across the state to get there. On top of that, I've been tapped to teach a dual-credit college level course as part of this position, which will mean I'll be starting on my master's.

What this all means for me in regards to the server is that I'll be extremely hit or miss for the foreseeable future in regards to consistent playtime. I'll definitely be around, but my classes -on both sides of the desk - will have to come first.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Dismus

Arya

I know the feeling. :-) Take care of yourself. Look forward to the times we get to RP together!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

It sounds like a good change overall.  The extra workload, blah!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

realityjumper

Being in the middle of it myself, best advice I can give: reward yourself with playtime (only after completing things!)! Just let those you play with know you have time constraints so you can get back to it! Everyone is awesome that way here. 
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

ladybug

Update to this. Confirmed to have my lease start mid-May, so between packing, finishing out the school year here, moving, getting utilities and sundry move-in minutia taken care of, and expecting company for part of June, I don't expect to be here much for a while. Will do my best to handle my currently scheduled plotlines and hopefully not leave those hanging too long, but if I'm slow to respond, it's because my internal monologue is screaming "Panic panic panic" in about thirteen different languages in a glorious chorale of madness. My superego even brought a kazoo to add to the ambiance.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Arya

Take care of you first! We are not going away anytime soon. Will look forward to play time with you when things slow again. :-)

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

ladybug

Move completed, and I have internet again. I've got company coming for the next few weeks, so I'll still be a bit spotty, but I'll start getting things scheduled again toward the end of June.
SDM Sto Helit

ladybug

So...since it was mentioned in this thread, don't see the need for a new one. That bit about "gonna be busy starting a master's" bit? Got the acceptance notice today. I still plan on being active, but I will almost certainly be dialing it back somewhat soon.
SDM Sto Helit

Dismus

Arya

Indeed. Congratulations! Hope it works out and you can get a little downtime for yourself.

Sincerely,
Arya