Main Menu

Oni Update

Started by onivel, Aug 24, 2016, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Yesterday morning I had an operation to remove a cyst form my left vocal cord. Not a major op, and was in and out same day. Doing well though BP has been a little high since so keeping that monitored. As such I am on voice rest (no talking at all) for 7 days. You will likely see me IG a bit more through Monday as I am secluding myself in the man cave to keep interactions with the kiddos to a minimum to help maintain my no talking needs. 

Thanks to all whom I have already spoken with and expressed their concern and well wishes. 

All is fine aside from telling an Italian he cant talk.   ;)
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Garage Trashcan

You. Shut up for a week. I don't think you'll make it more than 2 days.

Your wife is probably happy, though :P
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

yes.. I believe "Inconceivable" was bandied about quite often.

And yes..she is teasing me quite mercilessly ;)

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Garage Trashcan

THERE IS NO RETALIATION!
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Arya

There is a lot of prodding to be done though. Nonverbal communication is 90% of communication!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

Alright.. so this has been a hell of a few weeks. Get my vocals cut on... can't talk for a week and my computer shits itself one component at a time over the period I am supposed to be happily stashed away by my lonesome in the man cave gaming while I am under orders to be onishutusupus. No wonder my BP has been through the roof.

So... new motherboard last week... new processer and vid card installed between yesterday and today. Its ALIVE. Time to hop back IG. This should help bring my BOP back down a bit ;)

Arya

Yay! Welcome back. <3

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

So was back to having a crashing issue... hoping a software revert might help. That coupled with some fam issues have kept me busy. Hoping to be back in game tonight.

Arya

Aww! Take care of yourself!

<3

Sincerely,
Arya

onivel

So yeah.. my new graphics card is bad.. the one I just put in 2 weeks ago. I had to exchange it. Hoping the new one gets everything back to right again.... if not, next step is my brother in law's computer shop.

Valimar Dragonbane

When it rains, it pours.  Good luck!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

onivel

No major crisis going on.. just been a bit run over with work and family. Hope to see you all IG soon.

Nevermore

Glad there is no crisis and can't wait till you get more playtime!

onivel

So... back at home again after some flu and then a family trip to Bourbon country. I bring back with me fine spirits and new sickness from my lovely sister-in-law! Hope to be back up and running shortly.

Update on my health. The cyst that was removed in my operation has been analyzed and determined to be a form of non-invasive cancer. As the type of cyst was unknown prior to my previous op, only minimal tissue was taken to remove it. Now that the type of tissue is known, my doctor has recommended going back in to more fully clean up the area to ensure they have removed all the cancerous tissue. Though it currently does not seem invasive, we do not want to risk the chance of that changing. I will be going back in for another outpatient surgery on 11-8 (election day).

Again, it is going to be pretty routine and no complications are expected. I'll have another week long period of no talking so will be once again secluding myself in the man cave that week. So hopefully you should see some increased play time and some more time topside then.

Valimar Dragonbane

Oof!  I hope they get it all this time!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen