Main Menu

Shou lung character(s)

Started by Silveryfeather, Dec 19, 2016, 03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silveryfeather

Hello all,

so i've never played a monk character (gasp) and am now toying with the idea of making one from Shou long, Kara-Tur.

a) anyone interested in making a buddy/companion/sibling/translator for my monk? My character concept is still pretty vague, might be fun to develop something together

b) i couldn't find that much on Shou long, does anyone have any tipps where i could find more to read about it?

Looking forward to hear from you, under this thread or via pm

So long
Silvery

Edge

I don't have a ton of time for details right now - leaving for work soon - but here's the short version:

Shou is the part of Kara-Tur that's based on fantasy depictions of China. So while there's not a lot of official information available about it, you won't be super inaccurate if you just take general fantasy tropes and info from Chinese mythology and fantasy stories as your inspiration. Think Mulan, Journey to the West, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Forbidden Kingdom, and so on.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

LaceAndLeather

I could definitely be interested in a companion character, depending on the concept! PM me if you have some ideas. :)

Dismus

I have a level 11 (pc) whose family is from Shou Long.

onivel

I have a fighter from Shou a well. (Half Shou / Half Dalelander.. raised in Shou). The old Oriental adventures had great info. When 3rd edition came out, they merged all of the oriental adventures stuff and mixed it in with their Legend of the Five Rings card game. I am not familiar with the newer releases to see if they changed of focused on them at all. My PC is grounded in the old AD&D edition ethics of a Samurai, but follows the clan system laid out in the newer 3rd edition for his background.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Silveryfeather

: Thank you so much for the quick response, i was planning on doing just that, just didn't want to break canon or anything :)

@laceandleather: I will pm you soon :)

and Oni: Maybe we can work something out to connect the characters somehow? Related around a few corners maybe, or old friends?

Could open up skype chat group to discuss ideas, if you want. My Skype is : thesilveryfeather.

onivel

Here's Bastion's Background so you have a quick idea of what he is about and from

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?topic=36

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.