Main Menu

Hak Update suggestions

Started by allatum, May 10, 2017, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent07

Yeah, I won't be reducing ranger hit-die.  They're fine at d10.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Mystic Warden

I am not sure if those can be or will be included into the hak update, therefore the questions/suggestions:

1) Making the monks Flurry of Blows ability not auto-switching off when there are no enemies in melee range. It is now a bit of a hassle that way, and it would be IMHO better if they worked like Expertise or Power Attack and not auto-switch off -I think there is a reason why those are that way and it is a valid for Flurry of Blows, too.

2) Adding some null-helm/invisible helm models, the same way we have the invisible cloak model for cloaks. And/or making a headband/tiara helm model available. Most of the helm models are looking quite robust, not really fitting to go with a light or no armor outfit and for those characters we only have the one hood model as alternative. Some more variety would be very welcome.

Thank you for your kind consideration!
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Edge

Both of these are sadly not possible.

Flurry of Blows is in the same combat blackbox as things like Power Attack and Expertise that we simply cannot tinker with. I don't know why BioWare designed them differently when they normally work so similarly, but they did and at This time there's nothing we can do about it.

The way helms work in NWN is that if a helm is equipped, it removes your head model and replaces it with the helmet design. Thus a helmet with a blank appearance would just result in a headless character. To create functional "invisible" helms, we would need to create a helmet appearance for each and every head available to pcs on every race and both genders thereof. Which we are not willing nor logistically able to do.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Mystic Warden

Understood. Thank you for enlightening me! :)
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense

Hand_of_Banath

Teeny Tiny suggestion - Spears could use some love, in the form of being made one handed. As they stand they are a two handed piercing battleaxe. And sorely lose out on any other two hander. I also noticed that Tridents are already One handed.

As far as I know it just requires an edit in the .erf to do - I recall Narfel has no Haks and they managed to do it.

Edge

I could get behind that. Would give druids another decent weapon choice as well. Right now its kinda scimitar or nothing if you're at all melee.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Valimar Dragonbane

Hand_of_Banath Avatar
Teeny Tiny suggestion - Spears could use some love, in the form of being made one handed. As they stand they are a two handed piercing battleaxe. And sorely lose out on any other two hander. I also noticed that Tridents are already One handed.

As far as I know it just requires an edit in the .erf to do - I recall Narfel has no Haks and they managed to do it.

Tridents exist in both a 1 handed and 2 handed version.  Very few out there though, because.... as far as I know, I'm the only one that uses them.  Fish Elf Love!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Vincent07

At least one of those is a CEP weapon.  I generally avoid making CEP weapon types because the weapon feats do not work with them.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Hand_of_Banath

Ah, my bad. Though the one handed spear suggestion still stands

LittleModronWhoCould

Some suggestions from my side are tilesets. Aside from being bigger in size, they are quick and easy to add.

Codi Sigil Interior While the exterior is only useable for Sigil or for an Underdark city district with it's unique look (doubt either is too interresting for CD outside event content), the interior tileset is very versatile in what it can be used for. And it looks fantastic.

Azure Tower is another really nice tileset that is used far too rarely. It is small and limited in the tiles it has, but it provides a really cool unique look.

Elven Treetop City Tileset is a relativly new release. It is very pretty, and I think could work very well for either doing an update to Velethuil or using it on the event server for elven content.

Wild Woods is great at creating dense, wilderness areas.

And thank you so much for working on the hak update. Did a few of those in the past, and they really are a time intensive chore to do. Really appreciated.

Arya

LittleModronWhoCould Avatar

And thank you so much for working on the hak update. Did a few of those in the past, and they really are a time intensive chore to do. Really appreciated.
Especially with a job that likes to change your schedule at the last minute. My writing projects went to Hell when that happened.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

bracethyself

Ooo, that elven treetop one looks pretty. That would get some use.

Mystic Warden

Some spells can not be scribed onto scrolls or be brewed to be potions (like Alter Self for the later). Can the hak update fix that?

Edge

Possibly, I believe it just requires a few lines in the hak code be changed at particular locations, though Vincent will have to confirm this.

That said, some spells - masses, energy immunity, a few others - were kept that way deliberately. So those spells will likely not be changing.

LittleModronWhoCould

A friend of mine put together some really nice clothing options a while back.

Robe Based Armors
Robe Based Armors 2
Pelt Cloaks