Main Menu

Archers need love.

Started by trylobyte, Aug 24, 2017, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Higher damage arrows are also a good solution, but the server's been solidified on Unlimited Ammo bows for so damn long, so however bow damage can be tweaked is good. I don't remember off the top of my head how high the damage can go on the U.Ammo arrows off the top of my head, so of course everything needs to be tweaked >.>

IF we ended up still grabbing higher damage base arrows and ditching U.Ammo for most options, then some sort of Quiver of Holding or a purchaseable widget that spawns more arrows in your inventory/deducts gold (don't know how viable the second one is, I know you can spawn the arrows but not if it can charge you) and just make them sell for 0 would be nice.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Vincent07

Unlimited Arrow bonuses are rather limited.  Personally I think the UA bows are best for secondary weapons for those not trying to main archer.

For the others, some more non UA bows would be needed.  Or I just pull the property off a few.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

trylobyte

One other thing we'd need to do there is rein in the cost.  Arrows with multiple/high damage properties are expensive, especially considering the number of them you can go through in a dungeon.  An archer firing 5 shots per round (level 16 w/ Rapid Shot on) uses a whole stack of 250 of them in 50 rounds of combat.  Would need to devise a way to keep that from becoming a problem

Vincent07

Our pricing is set manually.  Property cost was zero'd out years ago.  So they don't actually add much.  Shouldn't be a problem.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

trylobyte

In that case, awesome.

ironmaid

I don't know about the Arcane Archer and I haven't been playing this game for a long time, but isn't that like someone who can imbue their bows and arrows with powers?  I always thought it'd be like picking up a normal bow and suddenly it turns into a magical stringless bow that fires energy bolts like spells like this one blond cutie on a cartoon called Dungeons and Dragons.  ^.^
Aside from that, uncapping the mighty restriction and changing the attack bonus to enchantment bonus like the melee weapons is a good idea.
But I like still that energy bow idea.... maybe a special weapon specifically for use by Arcane Archers.
Also, multiple damage potentials can be applied to the arrows? Just like we have with real arrows, there are different types of arrow heads for more damage, etc.