Main Menu

Atmosphere in the setting

Started by morwen, Jan 26, 2014, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morwen

I very much appreciate the effort of Vincent (?) to make winter look like winter. Could I make the following suggestion:

install NPCs that reinforce current plots. Like the Arabel upheaval - all that need be done would be pop in a sprinkling of 'unhappy citizen' titled people. This could prompt people to be mindful of what is supposedly the dominant public mood. Likewise, it's been done in the past, the addition of a burned out building or maybe some wreckage in the streets of affected districts. This kind of stuff could go away after a day or two.  

I realize staff is not being paid, but this kind of stuff is not crazy hard to do.

Not Batman

Personally, I think that's something DM's can do with more accuracy, as we're the ones out there running said plots. It's a good idea, let's run with this.

Head Trauma

Not Batman Avatar
Personally, I think that's something DM's can do with more accuracy, as we're the ones out there running said plots. It's a good idea, let's run with this.
First you need DMs up topside doing things for that to happen. OH SNAP!

Head Trauma

By the way, I'm not attacking anyone. It's just something that I've noticed lately. A lot of DMs yet hardly any of them doing anything.

morwen

Point taken. In the vein it was offered, of course!

Vincent07

You'll notice I did put many of Arabel's NPCs in cloaks when I added snow. :P

Which will probably be going away with the next update.  The snow, not the NPCs.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

morwen

I did notice....in line with my earlier suggestion, maybe the gutted remnant of the tax collectors premises and the newspaper? Even signs would be great for RP stimulation.