Main Menu

Leveling Caps Suggestion/rant

Started by Ebola Lola, Feb 04, 2014, 02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Trauma

Need more DMs running things.

carp6

yeah more ad-hocs would be nice but....I do remember back in the day it took forever to gain xp.....so I am much like Dismus when saying I will not complain about the xp system and the way it is.

The Red Mage

I'm playing again, and I pretty much only run ad hocs, so hopefully I can sprinkle a little chaos here and there.

Garage Trashcan

The extent of XP complaints:

Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

morwen

I used to loathe the system and I dropped CD back in like 08 or something because the DMs were all focused on their friends' dramas and not much inclined to helping anyone who didn't practically live on the server or else have connections.

It seems to me things are way different now and I see DMs old and new jump in and do things for people they barely know, just because.

So I would like to see Lola get xps for tinkering with outfits and I'd like to see some more imaginative monsters that challenge some of the epic characters but the xp seems fine other than that

Vincent07

morwen Avatar
I'd like to see some more imaginative monsters that challenge some of the epic characters

I have some things on the way in that regard.  <.<
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Not Batman

The exp system has a message for you all.

morwen

Vincent07

I would say that image is more appropriate to some of the bosses I'm making...  *cough*

Either way, I'd say this thread has reached its conclusion.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Wicked

This thread has hopefully reached a conclusion, but if people are looking for quests keep in mind I'm doing weekly quests anyone can sign up for. And I'm alternating, so people that go one week have to alt the next so everyone gets a chance.

Dark Dreams

I like the caps right where they are. If they were to extend the caps as suggested, it would really dilute the accomplishments of epics that have taken literal years of gameplay to get where they are. It would be very discouraging for me personally if I logged in with Sin-Ra (level 23, four years active) and had her rub equal elbows with a character that's been around for nine months with not nearly as much of a development story (including my own lower level characters), it would feel pretty lousy to have spent all the time I have on her and have it mean nothing. I suspect this would be a common feeling among those who have put a large amount of time in to get where they are. Patience & perseverance. Develop your story... the levels will come as a result.