Main Menu

NWN on Android - now you can share Autocorrect errors IC!

Started by Darkfangs, Mar 23, 2019, 01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfangs

I made this thread hoping to generate interest in and centralize discussion of the NWN game as it exists on Android - so dig out your old tablets, or if you're feeling daring and have a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, maybe it also works on Android TV - you tell me!

Some basic installation instructions.

The android version functions much as you might expect - however, Steam Workshop does not exist.  You have to manually download, unzip, and place the files. The directory I'm pointing to has the various folders you'd expect for hak, tlk, etc. Do note though that some directory names aren't a -direct- conversion, so if you just blindly unzip an entire ZIP file like all of CEP and dump it without adjusting for folder name changes this will not work right.

NWN for Android requires you to go here:

Internal Storage --> Android --> data --> com.beamdog.nwnandroid --> files -->user --> (various directories for haks and TLKs, etc)

If you're playing on a phone, I should warn you, the GUI is -tiny- so be prepared to play with the granular scaling (it's more than 1x-2x like on PC).  Also, if you have fat fingers like me, you really should buy a little stylus thing for fine control and not having your hand in the way of everything.  Unless you have a Samsung Note, in which case, I have no idea how the S Pen works.  Let's not even talk about gamepad support (if that exists)

Since it's an entirely different version, I have no idea if there's a separate CD-key - and that might be an issue if stuff is tied to CD-key, not multiplayer ID.

Hopefully this helps someone.

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

Darkfangs Avatar
The android version functions much as you might expect - however, Steam Workshop does not exist. You have to manually download, unzip, and place the files.

Back in my day...

Darkfangs

NorthWolf: Doge Edition Avatar
Darkfangs Avatar
The android version functions much as you might expect - however, Steam Workshop does not exist. You have to manually download, unzip, and place the files.
Back in my day...
And we used to trek to school through the snow - uphill both ways.  And you could either talk on the landline OR use the 56k modem - not both!

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

And you used WinRAR to open ZIP files, and it would ask you to pay for it, because 7zip didn't exist yet. Nobody paid for it though.

Darkfangs

7zip?  That's so 2000s.  All the cool kids are using PeaZip now.

Kymus

There are two kinds of people: those who make tarballs, and those that don't. I know which side of this I'm on.