Main Menu

Been absent too...

Started by onivel, Apr 03, 2014, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Not to hijack Ebola's thread... so..

I have been AFK for a bit myself due to RL issues. Flu has run rampant through all four of my kids... oddly I have been spared so far.

I have had one of my dad's best friends pass this week. He knew me pretty much since I was born. Joey was a great guy. The kind that you can joke with and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Of course this is the self same man that taught a 2 yr old Oni to ask the waitresses at the gang's favorite restaurant, " Been getting any? " much to my father's chagrin.

My maternal grandmother, whom my youngest daughter is named for, just got out of IR for having a softball sized cancerous mass removed from between her liver and stomach. She seems to be doing fine now but will need some follow up treatment.

My office is a three person team... I lost one of those this week to an excellent opportunity to advance her career. No ill will towards her. Its a great opportunity that I would certainly have taken had I been in her shoes. That said. I just had my workload temporarily doubled while we find a replacement. Plus side is, we will keep in touch as she lives two blocks from me :)

We start our first week of soccer games... this week is always a bit insane with parental questions and coach questions. Did I mention I am president of the local soccer association so all that comes to me?

Oni is a busy and tired boy
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

Awwww! <3 Hope to see you soon. *Huggle.*  I already miss RPing with you!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

... it's warm enough for you to play soccer?  If for no other reason that you actually have grass to do that on, I'm jealous.

Seriously though, that's rough times.  We'll be here when ya get back. :)
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

daphne

Take care.  Sounds like everything is really busy, but there is good stuff with the rest, so that's nice. Hope to see you soon!

onivel

Valimar Dragonbane Avatar
... it's warm enough for you to play soccer?  If for no other reason that you actually have grass to do that on, I'm jealous.

Seriously though, that's rough times.  We'll be here when ya get back. :)
 We tore out the grass last year (what was left of it... it was mostly a mud pit) and replaced with artificial turf. 

They are tearing up our stands and press box to replace this summer. 

Thanks for the warm wishes all. I appreciate it. I'll be on when I can... trying to get on later tonight hopefully.

Oni
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Garage Trashcan

Soccer? But it's still thirty fucking degrees out! IT'S APRIL DAMNIT. I WANT MY WARMS.

And as you already knew, buddy, I've been super busy myself. I'm only "taking" three classes but also work as a research assistant in a lab (for credit, not money, alas) and am a teaching assistant for the drug addiction course I took last semester. So I have a lot of empty office hours and stress that I feel like I should be assigned something but aren't, but most of that has subsided for now. But this last month of school is going to be great. Exam on Monday. Big research proposal group project due wednesday. UB con is next weekend where I'm working as general staff, an area breakdown manager, and an Elite Four member for this year's Pokemon Gym Leader Challenge. Not to mention all the work that still needs to be done for con that I can't help with because of all of these projects. >.< April 31st I have an annotated bibliography due for my advanced drug addiction class that I have done zero work on so far, then May 9th I have both an exam AND research report group project due, on top of a group presentation on said research report. (And I don't mean it's a paper we did research for, I mean we're writing a report as if we had conducted psychological research and are submitting it to a journal for publication).

All this on top of finding a job and potentially a place to live and blah blah applying to graduate school for next spring.

I am currently on my final wire and spending every essence of my being on not breaking down crying. Arya, please kill me before I can apply to graduate school.

I mean... it's just social work... it can't be that bad, right?

Oh, and stop being "old." It's not flattering for you.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

At least we aren't shoveling snow off the lines to be able to see them ! Instead the side judges stand in their goulashes as they slide up and down the sideline in the standing rain water.

My wife has a social work degree.. she gets paid roughly the same as the fry girl at McDonalds. She didn't go to grad school though.. do it as that's about the only way to make money in social work. Of course the wifey will tell you she didn't go into social work to make money.

Hang in there. You'll make it through.

BTW.. I am NOT OLD.. now get off my lawn ! *shakes cane in general direction*

Oni

onivel

BTW .. was good to get in game last night and sorry for having to bolt and skip the after party. My youngest girl got the stomach bug that my oldest boy had ... and she does not deal well with being sick at all. In point of reference, from the time I logged until the time I logged out. We had to change three sets of bed sheets and three sets of her clothes... and my wife had to change one set of clothes.. and I had to mop the upstairs floor...... so yeah...fun times.

Oni

Arya

IRL comes first.  :-) I hope things work out for you.
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Colin Mack

Yup all the best man i am sure you will get there.