Main Menu

Argh computer!

Started by Goat, Jun 09, 2014, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

My computer is suddenly being very mean and not playing nice the last few days, other than the usual graphical glitches that usually occur, it now does not want to cooperate when it starts up, taking a good 15 minutes, and it goes into "Not Responding" hell when you try and do anything, even after multiple restarts.  Hopefully a bit of tender love and care will solve this and I will be back in a matter of hours and not in the market for a new computer before August!

Arya

Aww.  Sorry to hear! Seems a lot of people are having problems with their computers these days.

Sending good energies your way!

<3

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Goat

Here's to hoping that a reformat will solve the issue, if not, I'll be borrowing the wife's computer for a while to do anything.

Goat

... Nevermind.  I forgot that I can't log into NWN from her computer on my account or it won't let me log in the server.  Le sigh.

modronlove

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
*sadface*

Goat

I'm working on it buddy!

tepesx

You too? Cruel world!

Goat

Well... doing a few tests and it seems the hard drive in my laptop may be bad.  Oh boy.

Goat

Yup... hard drive went bad on my laptop.  So I am going to attempt to find a cheap replacement to last a few months before I can get a new computer.

Garage Trashcan

#GoatLogic

>Spends all t3h l33t cash on expensive fishtank parts so his fish can experience sunsets and thunderstorms
>Has a dying computer that needs replacing
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Goat

Shushes you!  I bought the fancy aquarium stuff before the computer took a turn for the worst!  But right now its a $50 fix versus a $1,000 computer on a credit card.

Garage Trashcan

You could build a decent desktop for $500 >.> I'm assuming you don't do any heavy gaming aside from NWN.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Goat

I don't have room for a desktop... and its the entire portability thing with laptops.  Gotta be able to travel with it for Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder/World of Darkness/7th Sea game nights!  

Ogre Time Yay

Fishies: Goat! Goat, join us! Join us, Goat!

Goat: Beeehh-h-h-h-h! I can't fishies... For my place is here, in the C.D... Beeehh-h-h-h!

Fishies: But Goat, teh computars is sleeping, Goat. Join us, Goat, join us.

Goat: Tempted ;_;
Beeehh-h-h-h!

Fishies: We luvs you, Goat, join us!

modronlove

Fish gotta swim, yo.  All those games you listed are like my favorites :)