Main Menu

Keep of the Witch Lords - The traps

Started by drakaden, Mar 02, 2016, 06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakaden

On my last releveling request i've adapted my build so it can recover traps since an assassin cannot disable them, but then today i went to the keep and seen that all of the traps aren't recoverable...

Would it be reasonnable to ask that they be made to be recoverable or should i just rage even more at nwn's misplaced mechanics? Recovering is 10 DC over disabling.

ladybug

They are recoverable if you get there first. If another rogue grabs them first, they're gone till the server resets. I think there's a few dungeons like that.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

drakaden

ladybug Avatar
They are recoverable if you get there first. If another rogue grabs them first, they're gone till the server resets. I think there's a few dungeons like that.
Hm i did it today and they weren't recoverable, the icon was darkened, couldn't select it at all. Could select flag and disable but not Recover.. Unintended trap setting?

ladybug

I think it's just that it respawns that the chests are trapped...but not the trap itself. So there's only one trap to recover until the server resets, so if another rogue has already recovered that trap since the last server reset, it's not going to be recoverable again until the server resets completely. So someone else probably just got there first.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

drakaden

ladybug Avatar
I think it's just that it respawns that the chests are trapped...but not the trap itself. So there's only one trap to recover until the server resets, so if another rogue has already recovered that trap since the last server reset, it's not going to be recoverable again until the server resets completely. So someone else probably just got there first.
That's awfully unconvenient for my character, is there any ways to fix that?

jamaisvu

This happens in the Maze, as well. It may be to try and stop people from infinitely harvesting traps?

thorien

Yes, that was my shot too, but after pillaging the whole maze of traps and selling them for around 4-5k (total, not per each)... Well. :)

Deleted

jamaisvu Avatar
This happens in the Maze, as well. It may be to try and stop people from infinitely harvesting traps?

Yes, it is.

drakaden

thorien Avatar
Yes, that was my shot too, but after pillaging the whole maze of traps and selling them for around 4-5k (total, not per each)... Well. :)
They ain't worth all that much money so it's not a huge impact gold-wise thankfully, the only thing it would cause is more traps in circulation, though i can understand the harvest concept, would it be possible to auto destroy traps recovered in the inventory? As long i can remove traps i'm happy with an alternative... Maybe converting them into a small amount of gold then destroy them?

onivel

Value on traps vary greatly depending on the type. Some types sell for significantly more than others of the same rating ( Strong, Deadly, Epic etc.

Rogues were often the richest characters on the server due to farming of the traps and selling them. There are some traps out there that sell for more than 4-5k EACH if you know where to find them and have the skills to recover them. So yes, not all traps are going to be recoverable for that very reason. I know on some runs, my rogue has declined to take a share of the spoils because he had collected well more than what his share would have been in the traps collected.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

drakaden

onivel Avatar
Value on traps vary greatly depending on the type. Some types sell for significantly more than others of the same rating ( Strong, Deadly, Epic etc.

Rogues were often the richest characters on the server due to farming of the traps and selling them. There are some traps out there that sell for more than 4-5k EACH if you know where to find them and have the skills to recover them. So yes, not all traps are going to be recoverable for that very reason. I know on some runs, my rogue has declined to take a share of the spoils because he had collected well more than what his share would have been in the traps collected.
There's ways to fix that, there's the alternative suggested above, or you can greatly nerf the fencer's buying rate.

Deleted

No, we're not interested in that option.

drakaden

belladonna Avatar
Mar 3, 2016 12:36:46 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
No, we're not interested in that option.
All of the options or just the fencer nerf one?

Vincent07

Respawned traps are not recoverable to prevent harvesting in large numbers.  This was done in part because we had more than a few that were doing so and then placing traps in excessive quantities throughout dungeons.  There are no plans to change that at this time.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

drakaden

Vincent07 Avatar
Respawned traps are not recoverable to prevent harvesting in large numbers.  This was done in part because we had more than a few that were doing so and then placing traps in excessive quantities throughout dungeons.  There are no plans to change that at this time.
I suppose i'll temporarily change my class into rogue instead of assassin until a viable option is applied then...