Main Menu

Thank you for the positive RP experience.

Started by dom101, Dec 16, 2013, 02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffyduck

A huge thanks to and everyone who attended yesterday at the fun silly drinking hangout we had yesterday at shores of lake Eredruid. It was a nice change of pace from usual RP at CD and it was a rather wonderful experience.

Darvins

To Serena's player thank you for tonight, you know we can write stuff in our chars biographies that sound good, but it's not till we play them that what we wrote really gells, so thank you for making so much of my new char gell tonight

Arya

It has been a while since I did one of these, and so many of you have been wonderful, so please forgive me if I do not mention you by name because I have only had spectacular RP from all I have encountered.

and         - I miss roleplaying with you, a lot. You had been some of my best people to roleplay with for many years on the server. You are also some of the few I can trust with collaborative roleplay and concepts. It means a lot. 

and           - It has been nice to get a little more roleplay time with our characters here and there, and I appreciate it because I worry about my own standards and quality of roleplay. Thank you for both going out of your way to let me take initiative during events as DMs, and then encouraging some in-game initiatives for social events!

- Long time friend and it has been good roleplaying with you, as always. Daeatria does not have many people who can relate to her broken background despite what some might expect of her being noble. It also has been great to have some small social gatherings. RP has always been a gift. <3

- For a while we lost touch and it is nice to see you around, but also our characters to hang out a little more than they did. The event with the springs and playing truth or dare dice is a very memorable time and brought interesting character developments with another dynamic going on at the scene.

- Thank you for playing with me more lately! With you, and then          ,          , @wookery01, and others who I do not know their forum tags for, I have been able to show a side of Daeatria she is not always going to show, especially in the dungeon runs. It has just been nice to branch out a bit when I took a break from the document I was working on and I look forward to future encounters! Also appreciate the kindness to me. I sometimes struggle seeing good in my roleplay. Also       , I really appreciate the roleplay you are facilitating with Arilyquess, and look forward to the in-character interactions there and also with Dessielle. One day, Daeatria will have the two have dances!

, ,    ,     - I know we have not had a ton of time to interact much but this has been a great time when we have. The collaboration during DoM plus the recent roleplays and interactions have been a gift to me and I look forward to doing more of it in the future. Daeatria definitely, I hope, will have more reasons to interact more in the future!

- Just want to say I appreciate you taking the time to build up on knowledge and immerse yourself in this server. I know you jumped into some very difficult lore. I also know that my own character has particular boundaries, and that might not always go well with others. It is appreciated when you are taking it in-character!

and @ogden, as well as    - Thank you all for some of the more regular roleplay and interactions I did not initially have. The dream beach party was rather fantastic fun! It was also hilarious to see Daniel tell Daeatria to visit him in his dream anytime and her retort to that, and the fun with @goosebolton as well with it all. I am curious to see further interactions with them all!

,          ,           - Thank you for all the roleplay with the Durothil characters between all of my own. I also have been enjoying the roleplay between Kanitae, Kallo, and Vanael. I know that some events had led to them not talking to eachother as much lately but I look forward to it all again. She has been a good person to bring out to help people immerse in the setting's history and lore, especially as she had lived through some of the events and has the knowledge to back. Thorien has been a long time friend of mine and I appreciate maintaining the friendship and continued friendship with everyone else.

,       , and      and     - Everytime we roleplay is a gift. I wish we could do it more but I know timezones and player groups shift with an ebb and flow. Either way, I look forward to when we can play again.  I especially appreciate the interactions with Alyrae and co even when Daeatria sometimes facepalms over the pineapple dropping!

,       ,        ...many more I am not tagging to protect confidentiality, but you belong in the Zhentarim or the drow group that I had interacted with so if you fit here, this means you, too - I have many more I want to tag here but can only feel safe to tag you three on this because you are the only three I know people out-of-characterly know have Zhentarim characters for sure. I had hoped to tag everyone else, too, in the faction (you know who you are). Either way, I wanted to thank you for several things. First, thank you for reaching out to me and helping me get over some fear that I was not liked or wanted in the faction, something that I internalized over the past years over events I cannot disclose. Second, I want to thank you all for making it easier for me to be in the faction, being patient with me, and for ensuring that everyone is having fun over anything else. This has not only helped me enjoy some of the roleplay when I feel up to playing evil, but it also has helped me handle in-character conflict in a healthy manner that was not historically common to this server. When I have some projects done, I really want to bring my Zhentarim agent out and connect again soon. Otherwise, I will treat every IC and OOC interaction as a gift. You all have been wholesome. I also appreciate you all having welcomed me as you have. It truly means a lot. 

and           - You have all been a delight to the elf faction and are some of the big reasons why I came back to it. I was originally afraid of my lore ability and the chance to contribute, and through talking with you all, I was able to get back into things. I am going to try not to be discouraged from here. It has also been a pleasure just talking to you all outside of the game in addition to seeing your wonderful roleplay.

- I know you have not been around lately and it has been years since we really were able to have any meaningful roleplay, short of one or two scenes, but I still remember the awesome times that we had whether you were playing Jezra or Kaleandruil. I know it has been a time of sort, and the situation has made it hard if not impossible for our characters' arcs to align, but know that you are one of my favorite people on Neverwinter Nights. You are also one of my best online friends and I hope one day you can return, even if another character or with Kaleandruil having gotten some progress on what challenges he had before his departure from Daeatria's life. Your roleplay and storytelling is splendid, and I appreciate more importantly your ability to put up with me even when I am not my best. 

- Thank you for the surprise, but meaningful interaction with Jakinindar. Daeatria does not say it all the time, but she does often find herself feeling a lack of connection with some of the elves, and somehow her interactions with him have given her that connection. There was a lot of unplanned twists and turns, and now it feels like her story needs a bit more time to finish for final chapter, especially as she only just gotten to the point of not being too close to the line of evil. I remember playing with you when I played Mai via Rettsu, and I have been able to explore a depth to my oldest toon that I have not been able to in a long time. I appreciate it. 

Also, dare I mention you besides the Zhentarim group have been one of the first in years to have me have an in-character conflict that feels fun and substantial to a story, versus based on a pure conflict-driven style? That first few days between Daeatria and Jakinindar was awesome and I was laughing at how mean she was at some points because of her feeling offended by his goading. :-D Really appreciate the fun. 

Best wishes,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Garage Trashcan

Thank you Bonetree, Darth Jimmi, and AshylnOne for the adventuring last night. I do enjoy slower runs with good RP as we do them, and it was good banter both IC and OOC the whole time.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Duncan Rittman - Winter's Herald
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

destinysdesire

Thank you to everyone that has made the effort to welcome Trent back to Arabel and RP with the strange guy lacking memories. It can be hard to get your foot back in the door after so long, and while it may seem so minor to rp with the new guy in the square, its honestly very helpful and appreciated!

Looking forward to more!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden