Main Menu

uhhh rip

Started by The Red Mage, Sep 11, 2014, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Mage

Spilled water on my computer, and I pretty sure it died.

Deleted

*wince*  Not.  Fun.

Atomic Twinkie

That hurts me in my heart space.

FaeFae

I hope you can technomancer resurrect your machine. You'll be missed!

Arya

:-(  I hope you can get back to us soon!

<3

Sincerely,
~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

A lot of times, if you allow the water to dry fully, you can recover the machine with little to no damage.  Provided, of course, that it didn't make any of those horrible pops and cracks.  Did you manage to turn it off right away?
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

The Red Mage

I didn't hear anything pop or smell any burning. I took the side off the unit and have air circulating in it. It's still not staying on long though. It's doing the beep thing, so I think something died.

Garage Trashcan

Water is now banned in Red's house.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Ogre Time Yay

The Red Mage

I love wild child world!

It seems to be my gpu that went out if I'm reading the beeping sound right. This may have been a blessing, but I don't know how to tell what gpu I need or what can fit into my system. I need to take it to a shop, I guess.

onivel

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Sad to see it go Red.  Take it to a computer repair shop and pay them.  They can fix this.

theshobit

*winces* I wish you luck. *has a moment of silence*

Arya

*Joins in the moment of silence.* :-(
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

The Red Mage

Apparently it was just dirty.

I'm picking it up now, but I won't be able to try it until tonight.