Main Menu

Evilness

Started by carp6, Nov 17, 2015, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carp6

I am curious if there are any peeps out there who would want to do an evil faction of some sort....was talking to another player about this they seemed interested as well as I but did not know if anyone would be interested in doing something like this.  Please post if interested.

Edge

Depends on the purpose of the faction. Some characters might be interested, others would not, depending on the intents and goals.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

ladybug

I think there is an established Zhentarim faction, but I don't believe it's currently active.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Deleted

Count me in. If it doesn't fit an existing character I will make a new one for it.

Edge

Currently existing evil factions include:

Zhentarim/Banites
Thayans
Sharrans

All are in varying levels of inactivity/semiactivity.

This does not include any evil- or evil-leaning Guilds, either. There may be some of those out there as well.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Ebola Lola

I would be interested in this :)

FaeFae

I would be totally interested in doing a group thing if it can be hammered out what ought to be done. +1. :)

Garage Trashcan

Do we get paid in the blood of our enemies?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

The blood is a bonus perk.... I only accept gold and platinum. Good whores and fine wine don't come cheap.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Fire Wraith

Well, keep in mind, it's really not going to be possible to have an "Evil" faction in terms of being the Evil League of Evil or the like, just because there are lots of evil characters whose agendas may not converge, and who may in fact be bigger rivals with one another than with any "good" guys.

The really tricky part though (and this isn't to downplay or discourage, but merely to apprise - I'm all for evil roleplay) is how to resolve conflict. We don't really have a lot of good mechanisms for resolving conflicts, especially not in the sort where you might otherwise expect there to be.

Some of the problems that have arisen in the past, related to this:

> Hero type characters wanting to go after the Evil characters (and vice versa). Lots of accusations of metagaming and other stuff have swirled around this in the past.
> Sometimes in conjunction with that, People generally being unwilling to let drama/story/tension build, and wanting to go right for the throat.
> Members of an Evil-type faction deciding they want to quit the group, after already having been made privy to all the secret information on everyone else's characters and plans.
> Evil faction members that want to do something way beyond our scope, like effectively destroying Arabel, or some other grandiose plot, that we really can't easily support within the context of the game world and resources we have.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Deleted

If we can find a way to address all the above Fire, with respect to players and DM/Server capability, would there be interest in supporting such from the DM side of the field?

Deleted

That's up to the individual DMs.  We try to encourage factions/guilds to be more player-driven, though we certainly encourage DMs to take an active role with groups.

Garage Trashcan

kimimaro Avatar
If we can find a way to address all the above Fire, with respect to players and DM/Server capability, would there be interest in supporting such from the DM side of the field?

The only instance I can remember this being close to pulled off was when PCs got involved in a long-going plot thinking it was NPCs behind everythong. When it finally got figured out that it was a PC behind it, it became a metagamey clusterfuck.

Basically,some many people play the game to win instead of have fun, even if it means ruining fun for everyone else.

Granted, that might have never actually happened and I could be making it up. My brain is pretty fried.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Deleted

Okay I shall be more specific. Are there any DMs who would specifically be interested in supporting such an endeavour? Please raise your hand if so.