Main Menu

Warlock

Started by Vincent07, Feb 04, 2015, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threeguesses

Complete Arcane page 75, NWN2, both feature Battle Caster, a feat for both warlocks and bards (implementation in CA is a little different), that allows the use of heavier armor without spell failure. In the CA version, any class with an ASF ignoring ability can advance the armor category they can wear one further, in the NWN2 version, it allows medium armor.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for warlock, and bard, with this implementation?

threeguesses

After giving it some thought, I wanted to see if there were any chance of the creation of a few other pacts - the pacts we have now give a few choices, but feel as if they're kind of "standard" in the same way that the subraces available are parts of the same themes.

Perhaps we could do something like:

Place/"Ley Line" pact, "inheritance", object/"artifact" , a take on "ur-priest"/usurped?

Just to create a few more interpretations on pact options, and therefore, warlocks.

Thoughts, everyone?

Another thought came to me that some are forced to, or somehow given little choice in taking such pacts with infernal or abyssal powers using us pesky mortals, as pawns in their great power struggle.  In line with this objects could be cursed, more they are used, the more they corrupt or something along that line.  How many avenues do we have available here?  Is the Lower Planes the only option?

These come to mind, I'm sure there's more to consider.

Valimar Dragonbane

In the pnp version, Warlocks are allowed to be CG, CN, and CE.  Pacts can be made with planar creatures of variety of natures, infernal/abyssal is only the most obvious.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Edge

Partially correct. Warlocks can be any Chaotic or any Evil. So in addition to those three alignments, they can also be NE and LE.

But yes, fiendish options are only some of the choices. As listed, we also have Fey and Far Plane pacts, and theoretically a Celestial (Eladrin) pact wouldn't be out of place.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

modronlove

Is it wrong that the class isn't even in yet and I've already created one in my head? :P

Edge

Nope, I've already done the same for both this and Swordmage. As soon as they're in I'm having two of my characters rebuilt =)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

modronlove

*laughs* getting ready to make my swordmage as well!

Valimar Dragonbane

Edge Avatar
Partially correct. Warlocks can be any Chaotic or any Evil. So in addition to those three alignments, they can also be NE and LE.

But yes, fiendish options are only some of the choices. As listed, we also have Fey and Far Plane pacts, and theoretically a Celestial (Eladrin) pact wouldn't be out of place.
See?  That's what happens when I go with what I remember off the top of my head.  But yes to the other parts.

And if I still had my fiendish-type character around, yes.  A thousand times yes on Warlock.  I'll probably catch Vincent's altitis and make one anyway. :P (don't ban me!)
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Edge

For that matter, a Slaad/Protean pact would make perfect sense as well, as would a Titan pact.

Voice of Kerensky

modronlove Avatar
Is it wrong that the class isn't even in yet and I've already created one in my head? :P
I've been playing a character as a Warlock on this server for 4 years, it'll be nice to have the mechanics finally represented rather than having to half-ass imitate the abilities with sorceror. :P