Main Menu

Monk Orders

Started by goodapollo, Jul 08, 2014, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodapollo

Tangentially related, but what book are the monk orders from? I can't find anything on Old Order or Serpent Guards online, and I need to research them for reasons.

explosiverunes

goodapollo Avatar
Tangentially related, but what book are the monk orders from? I can't find anything on Old Order or Serpent Guards online, and I need to research them for reasons.
Well what you can find online is basically all that's mentioned anywhere for the Old Order. There isn't a lot on them in general. All that's to be found on the Serpent Guards is a blurb from the Faiths and Pantheons web enhancement, found here:

"These fanatics guard temples, serve as minions to
 dragons, hunt dragonslayers, and assassinate those who
 pry too closely into the activities of the church. They are
 active in Unther and have been known to attack Mulhorandi soldiers."

darthweasel

Basically Old order is the *I want to make a cross class monk but not be tied to a specific god* loophole.

Masque

Monk is about on par with a one level dip as Rogue tbh. The very strong one level dips here are Bard, Ranger and Cleric. I would honestly hope by this point we could examine the Monk and its abilities without a lot of the knee jerk bias it seems to attract.

Popping the Monk features to level 3 is a pretty strong nerf to the one dip builds and the Monk is such an interesting class with a lot of potential for roleplay that it always makes me a little sad its potential is taken away by making it a fairly inferior class in comparison to the goodies on offer.

That being said FW naturally has the final say but if I anyone would like a point by point explanation of why mathematically Monks are not as strong as a lot of people would think I would be happy to present it.  

Vincent07

Honestly, at this point I'm more inclined to be more lax on multi-classing restrictions in regards to monk.  I don't really want to take the time to police builds at this point, and honestly if you want to make a powerbuild, fine.  All you're doing is taking the challenge away from yourself.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Masque

I am really happy to hear it! Go Monks.