Main Menu

Quest sign ups

Started by kingofaquilonia, Jun 03, 2020, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofaquilonia

Any chance of there being some varying methods for quest sign ups? I feel like If I'm not watching the forums 24/7 or don't have advanced warning from a DM trying to help me out , the quests fill up pretty much instantly.

Edge

Our community policy for signups have always been first-come first-serve outside of reserved slots due to faction orientation, private quest invitations, and similar functions. This avoids the opportunity for DM favoritism and/or the misinterpretation of their decisions as such and while it's not a perfect system it's the most fair one we have available.

We have encouraged DMs to ask people who have been in many quests recently to take alt slots or withdraw from signing up for events for a time to allow others some opportunity to participate. But we are in a time where server activity is high, and as such there will not always be room for everyone in active events.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

JadeDragon

Not hat I feel it happens, but it's still very easy for DM favoritism. They need only discord the people that they prefer, in their time of forum posting.

Terallis

I mean, almost all the time it's posted publicly. So I don't see too much issue with that, myself.
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

Jazzmyra

Personally, the only issue I see (a slight one, I guess?) is that people with plenty of alts tend to sign up for many quests, even when they don't actually play the ones in question much beyond those. Not only deriving others with new characters who are mainly played by them and in the actual level range of possible spots, but also would feel kind of pointless to me if they see someone only a handful of times and beyond the quest have no rp development.
But that is up to the players doing that, I suppose. I'd at least find it fair to make it a (personal) rule to only sign up as alt if I slot an alt character and not my current main.

kingofaquilonia

The point I was making is , if you aren't -constantly- looking at the forums you won't get to sign up for a quest because the people who do constantly look at the forums somehow will get to sign up before you

Jazzmyra

Yeah, I get what you mean. Having a bunch of alts where one of them fits the quest and level range, even if otherwise never touched, only adds to the issue.

Nibbles

The forums have always been the primary method of advertising quests and I don't see that changing. They are sometimes also posted in the Discord.

I don't see this changing any time soon, as there's not really a much cleaner method of doing it.

canticleofcocytus

I like what  has done with her recent event. Posting a disclaimer on the event that those who get into events frequently may be moved to alt slots to allow others who don't to participate. I think this is a fair way to handle things and would be a good practice for other DMs to follow, but even if only a handful choose to do so that will mean more people being able to enjoy events and be part of the evolving story of the server more often. And that's good for everyone as it can lead to more enriching and engaging rp outside of events.