Main Menu

Issues Connecting.

Started by Ballistic_Dummy, Jun 04, 2014, 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballistic_Dummy

So here is a tizzy I am in, I try to log in, get to the character select screen; pick a character, hit play and it loads up. At about the 3/4-4/5 point in the loading bar, NWN crashes.

Thoughts, comments, halp?

Arya

Have you tried minimizing graphics settings, until you are completely loaded in? Sometimes individual areas are a problem.  Such as the upstairs area of the Warbling Seraph.  I crash when I forget to -not- log out in that area.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

The Red Mage

Turn grass off. Make sure you have animation fix.

Ballistic_Dummy

Can try the graphics thing, whats animation fix? This is all strange because up until Wednesday I could log in fine.

The Red Mage

Google HOTU animation fix. It's a small file. The instructions should be on the page.

Ballistic_Dummy

The issue seems to be occurring in other programs as well, may just be my windows messing up. It ran an automatic chkdisk the other day when I booted up. In any case the only way to fix it in the case of the other programs was to completely re-install from scratch, which given all the patches and haks I need to play is just a time consuming pain in the ass.

Atomic Twinkie

I had to reinstall. It was great. Loved it.

Hope to see you in game soon Ballistic.