Main Menu

Continuing the Task - Map of Cormyr & the Dalelands

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Jun 16, 2014, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre Time Yay

I recall sometime back on the old message board that Kentaku, player of Keltan Zarus, was going area to area on the server to create a map of the entire server. I'm not necessarily continuing his version of it, instead I'm going to attempt to make my own in the form of a drawing. I respect his idea and think it is something that should be focused on, so I guess you could say I'm seeing to this task in respect of Kentaku's original goal. I also think it would be a neat opportunity for side story or role play content.

Anyways, this topic is more of a place holder, I'll be posting up the map and updating it with each bit of progress I make. Playing as Hydaro, my goal is to cover every area, or most areas on the server and connect them all into one big drawing of a map. It's a long term goal, but I'm actually looking forward to it, it would give me something to stay occupied on the CD server.

If any of you would like to see certain things added to the map, let me know.

[Progress so far, still adding texture to each region, then mountains. I still have a ways to go until completion.]

trylobyte

DemonicAngel (I think) already has a pretty good if outdated map of the server, but the admins routinely ask him not to post it citing that it spoils exploration.  Might want to check with them first.

Garage Trashcan

Hyde wants to draw it out... with like, landmarks or some shit. At least I think that's what he's going for.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Fire Wraith

Someone did a Visio diagram of it a long time ago.  It's out of date, but still covers a lot of things that haven't changed. 

It also includes the position of a number of planned areas, some of which were never completed, or were later removed for space reasons.

Can it spoil exploration?  It might.  If you really want to have fun exploring the world, don't look at it.  Even if you do, I can guarantee you won't remember every detail of it.  Heck, even *I* have to keep referencing it since I forget what connects where.  :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Ogre Time Yay

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Hyde wants to draw it out... with like, landmarks or some shit. At least I think that's what he's going for.
That is indeed what I'm doing, the direction themselves will be vague but it will follow the structure of the in game areas with a medieval style look.

Ogre Time Yay

Map updated, still working on textures, then I'll add forests. After that I should be into the fun part of map making.

Atomic Twinkie

In the top right hand corner a hat. Or a compass if you're boring.

Fire Wraith

One suggestion - Tilverton is at the edge of Tilver's Gap and Shadow Gap that lead north and northeast-ish through the mountains towards Shadowdale/Mistledale/Daggerdale (the Moonsea Ride continuing on past the ruins of the city).
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Ogre Time Yay

Map updated a little, added roads and moved Tilverton over to the right side of the mountains.
Still alot more additions I plan to make to this map.