Main Menu

A bump for the Unyielding Defender class?

Started by gorirah, Feb 25, 2022, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox²

Defensive Stance is blackboxed and we're unable to change it's properties. We attempted to change its uses per day to 12, but also ran into issues there.
Retired.

Edge

My suggestions for enhancing the class have been to focus on mitigating damage rather than avoiding it - giving them more DR, elemental resistances, regen, and/or SR, possibly tied to being in Defensive Stance if that's possible without too much headache.

They're still solid enough as far as AC - they're heavy-armor characters, after all, and most use shields; it's not difficult for my UD to hit AC ~70 with Improved Expertise active, for example, though that does have the side effect of ignoring Defensive Stance - but I think improvements to the class could still be considered, just in alternate venues than just "make their AC bigger".
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Edge

gorirah Avatar
If Defensive Stance is blackboxed, then it would need to be removed and replaced with new features.
That is a RIDICULOUS amount of work to ask of our scripters. What's more likely to happen is leaving it alone, like most other blackboxed functions, and adding things around it.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda