Main Menu

Hello

Started by Sir Ven, Aug 12, 2014, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Ven

So, first things first... It's been about 2.5 years since I've played online -at all- and so forgive me if I get any of the intricate geek etiquette wrong and accidentally offend someone! (acronyms may also be something I need to catch up with!)

Have said that, really, just hello!

I used to play on Cormyr and the Dalelands years ago and it's been playing on my mind these last couple of days as the greatest and most enjoyable gaming experience that I have ever been able to enjoy... So I thought I'd google it and see if you guys were still around.  I'm thrilled to find out that you still are! and hopefully I'm welcome enough to come back and be able to play.

So... I'm dusting off my old NwN disks and will hopefully joining the fray shortly.   Figured I should give you all fair warning!

- Sir Ven,

aka:
Nadril Nailow
Maldan Do'ate
Tharniraar 'Bird' Aest'anirea
Andy... Sanders?
Belanduil... something or other.

Fire Wraith

Still here.  Glad to see you!  I'll tell Vincent he can call off the Shrub-Golem he was working on... or I would, except he'd just send it after me instead. ;)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

onivel

Ha.. welcome back... I still have a few PCs around that your old chars may recall : )
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Sir Ven

I've been poking around the forums and catching up on any rule changes since I was last on and it was nice to see there are a lot of familiar faces around.  My life has changed a lot since I last played... and I suppose I've change more than a little myself, so don't expect the same game-addict that used to hang around here.

If you see me for a couple of hours a day, I'd be amazed... Although I hope that when I do play, I'll have a few hours each time to dedicate.  Still, we'll see.  I'm pretending to be a responsible adult these days, I do DIY and everything.

Of my characters, at the moment I only expect to revive Maldan Do'ate.  He was a deep and very interesting character and I'd love to dust him off and explore his personality some more.  Nadril has long since been retired, I think I had him NPCed when I was last DMing in the hopes of running some stories with him and my more... obnoxious characters like Bird aren't likely to reappear, not sure I could bring myself to be such a knob all over again.

Anyway, my games are installed... My patches downloaded, custom content unzipped... So hopefully I'm about to login.  

Edit:: 

So much for that plan.  Seem to be having some issues with connecting to Game Spy... I'll have to investigate.

thorien

Hello!

Umm, there is no Gamespy anymore. ;)

Arya

Welcome back. :-)

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Fire Wraith

You may have to direct connect.  If you're having CD Key issues on login, let myself and Vincent know in a PM.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Garage Trashcan

Ven, you're a man tugging at my heartstrings.

How am I supposed to troll the forums when THE ASTOUNDING SIR VEN is playing on CD again? I'll have to ACTUALLY log on now.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Sir Ven

Garage Trashcan Avatar
THE ASTOUNDING SIR VEN

... I think you must mean the other Sir Ven. 

----

Thank you all for the help.  I simply looked up CD's IP address and did a direct connect.  Problem solved :)

Deleted

Welcome back to the fray! Good to see you.

vaesi

Ven... wow... I am sooo glad to hear you are returning!  I've been poking around this server for a few years hoping to find you again!  And Bird was not a knob!  However, everything losses its appeal and lifespan so I'll try to not cry to hard he's not coming back.

*Runs off to huddle and cower sobbing in corner.*

Darvins

vaesi Avatar
Ven... wow... I am sooo glad to hear you are returning!  I've been poking around this server for a few years hoping to find you again!  And Bird was not a knob!  However, everything losses its appeal and lifespan so I'll try to not cry to hard he's not coming back.

*Runs off to huddle and cower sobbing in corner.*
*Iyanna joins*

Nymera

Welcome back, guy.  There's a few of the old crowd still about, but the newer players are great too. :)

dbkaz

Oh geez, now I may have to come out of lurk-mode too!  I haven't downloaded the haks or dusted off the disks yet though.  Still in semi-lurk I guess.

Fire Wraith

Yes!  Yes, you must! :D