Main Menu

When Bards Get Metal

Started by ClockworkMayhem, Nov 11, 2014, 02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkMayhem

Ever wonder what modern music might sound like when played by a bard in Faerun?

I've seen a few bards (and sometimes just non-bard PCs with a bit of perform) take their inspiration from modern popular songs, and I've often wondered what they might sound like on the kinds of instruments available to bards in the Forgotten Realms. Now I don't have to wonder anymore!

Even if you aren't a Metallica fan, this is still pretty awesome!

Edge

Yeah this is pretty much right in Kendaku's wheelhouse.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Cheers!  This was pretty rad.

ClockworkMayhem

Yeah, I thought it was pretty fantastic, myself.

Edge

I can't seem to find any more of these guys. Copy-paste-searching their name just brings up a lot of non-music videos, and I don't read Russian (I presume) so I don't know what it means but I'm guessing it's a semi-common term.

Anyone with stronger Google-Fu able to dig anything up about this group?
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

ClockworkMayhem

The video's title is in Cyrillic, but I don't know the band's name for sure. I'll see what I can dig up!

I took ONE semester of Russian in college, and gave up when my history notes ended up in an unreadable mix of English and Cyrillic script. It'd be nice if I could remember all the characters. :P

ClockworkMayhem

Aha! They are called Stary Olsa, and are from Belarus!

staryolsa.com/eng/band.html

ClockworkMayhem

...and am I the only one that things Ales Chumakou looks like Thor?

Edge

Thanks! And if that's the lead singer, yeah I can see it.

ClockworkMayhem

I think it is. If on that website you scroll down you'll see each of the band members with their name and what they play - he especially looks like Thor in that picture!

thorien