Main Menu

Perspective...

Started by onivel, Dec 08, 2014, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

This is where I spent my Saturday. The sad truth is that most of the kids in the video below wont live to see next Christmas. I cant imagine all that the kids and the parents have gone through and what they have yet to go through. I look at my four kids and am so happy and thankful for every moment I have with them. I have to say participating in something like this makes you truly cherish and be thankful for all the little things that we so often take for granted. I look at my problems.. and then look at what all these kids and their families have gone through and just think.. " How selfish am I? How can I complain or get angry or worry over the trivial problems I have when they can face what they are facing. And they do it with such strength. "

Jaime's Dream Team : A Christmas to Remember (news article)

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

Thank you for sharing this.  It humbled me, and reminded me that while I am quite miserable with my situation at work, at least there are some things I need to consider adding to my 'grateful for' list.

~Arya

Postscript: shared it on my Facebook just now.
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow