Main Menu

Death in the family

Started by realityjumper, Jan 18, 2015, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodapollo

Sorry for your loss, we'll be here when you're ready.

threeguesses

To borrow the thread, rather than start another one, I got a call last night. My grandfather has been ill, so family members have been sitting with him. While I was doing that, I normally take the overnight shift, my mother called me, letting me know that she had found my stepfather had passed while she was asleep.

Arya

Ew.  My condolences. :-(

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

morwen

Condolences and comfort

Nevermore

So very sorry to hear this 3G's. I hipe all will be well as soon as possible for you and your family. Deepest sympathies.

onivel

So sorry 3G, thoughts and prayers out for you and your family
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

jamaisvu

I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself, we'll be thinking of you.

Sorry to hear 3G.  We're all here with you and hope for what was given to always be treasures.  

realityjumper

Hell of a thing. I'm here for you.
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

threeguesses

After being in the hospital since Christmas Day, my grandfather passed away in the early hours of the morning. We had an opportunity to say goodbye to him, and I'm told that he went fairly peacefully. He'd become non-responsive towards the end of his hospital stay, so I hope that he didn't suffer in the days leading up to today.

jamaisvu

I'm so sorry, friend. My condolences.

Valimar Dragonbane

My heartfelt condolences to you, ThreeGuesses.  You know you and your mom are in our thoughts.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Nevermore

I am so so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Edwardfalcona

So so sorry to hear that, sending prayers your way