Main Menu

Discussion on name change

Started by , Jun 29, 2015, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Might not want to use " " in the name as it screws up people trying to send you tells... maybe us -Krix- instead. I had the problem with Badhbh. Just a suggestion.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Vincent07

As a note:  Changing your name will wipe out your RP XP for your current level.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Voice of Kerensky

onivel Avatar
Might not want to use " " in the name as it screws up people trying to send you tells... maybe us -Krix- instead. I had the problem with Badhbh. Just a suggestion.
Can use 'Krix' fine too.

Wittle Dreamer

Sorry to chime in but I think she just used quotations to say she wanted the name: Krix and not Velkrix.

suddenperihelion

Vincent07 Avatar

Hopefully a dm can reimburse the lost xp.

Related question: Do you guys have a database front end set up?

Deleted

Alright... stop having discussion in the LETO threads, folks.

Address stuff in General Forum please.

XP has never been reimbursed, AFAIK.  There are other things that happen with a name change that can be exploited.

Edge

It also serves as a way to dissuade frivolous or unnecessary name changes.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Vincent07

suddenperihelion Avatar
Vincent07 Avatar

Hopefully a dm can reimburse the lost xp.

Related question: Do you guys have a database front end set up?

Database entries for each character are tied to their name.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Arya

What I do for my names, is use two ' for each side of the name, which makes it look like '' on each side, but it is really just '.  That can also be helpful.

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

theshobit

<.<  I wanted her name changed from Velkrix to Krix. No quotations. Bella did this perfectly. It was confusing players to call her Krix with Velkrix over her head. *shrug* Some just remember better than others and I wanted to nip it in the bud while she was still low-level.

Edge

theshobit Avatar
It was confusing players to call her Krix with Velkrix over her head.
.... really? O.o
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

theshobit

Edge Avatar
theshobit Avatar
It was confusing players to call her Krix with Velkrix over her head.
.... really? O.o

Yep! She introduced herself as Krix and they called her Vel. It happened enough for me to LETO. How sad is that?

lb7

Try only writing down the name you actually introduce to people!... Like normal people do. ;p

Deleted

Uhm.

As someone whose name is longer than the name she goes by...

Your definition of normal isn't mine.  :P

lb7

Which only further confuses myself. :P

But that's nothing new on my part. That's what happens when I think too deeply on things!