Main Menu

From the sketchbook of foo

Started by foo, Aug 16, 2015, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foo

So I decided to close down my deviant art account years ago, but this seems to be an art appreciating community, so I figured I'd upload at least some of my musings, particularly CD inspired work, or other D&D related stuff.

I'm totally open to honest critiques, but keep in mind, I sketch like a few times a month when I get some time between. Work, school, or personal computer programming projects. Suggestions like 'try this expensive art tool', or 'practice more' aren't bad, but I don't have the time or money to act on them right now :D

Left: random lady dancing, right: Thira Ravenplume my ranger/weaponmaster char. I'll probably finish her in color pencil.

sinisteromnibus

Another artist in our midst. Very nice work! Glad to see such talented people drawn to CD. :)

Edge

Nicely done, looking forward to more =)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

The girl with the star reminds me of the Tarot Card, that is the Star. :-)

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

foo

Arya Kalarathri Avatar
The girl with the star reminds me of the Tarot Card, that is the Star. :-)

Sincerely,
Arya
I suppose drawing a tarot set is a rite of passage for an artist :D

foo

Another sketch I did partially last week and finished (as much as anything I do these days is finished)

I kind of ended up with a 'medieval tapestry painting' style for this. I'm really bad at combat pespective!

foo

Going to try a lineart version for illustration. Never done color before but I've been watching a few tutorials, and seeing some of the color work of my fellow players here makes me want to give it a shot.

FaeFae

I am impressed by the ambition you show toward tackling larger scenes and look forward to seeing more from you. Keep us updated. :)

foo

Work in progress. Really need a scanner. In order from left to right:
Lori Gildas (), Thira Ravenplume, Timouthy Skyraven(), Paythin Alderan (), Ashahwherehisohsoe(elven name) Moonshae (), Emari ().
link

Edge

Image isn't showing up for me.

Looks like you're using Dropbox. You'll need to move the image into your Public folder, and from there copy the public link and use that to link images to forums.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

foo

Edge

Nope. Copying the URL directly takes me to a 403 page.

Public URLs are shorter, like so: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28518364/Aida.jpg
To get them you have to move the image into your Dropbox > Public folder, then right-click and choose "Get Public URL", then use that to link the image.

foo

I don't have a 'public' folder.

foo

FFS I just made a link to it through google drive. Fuck dropbox.

FaeFae

foo Avatar
FFS I just made a link to it through google drive. Fuck dropbox.
I use Imgur. It is free!