Main Menu

James + Bad Fanfiction = Oh dear.(My fun little project)

Started by TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames, Aug 22, 2015, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

Well, hey there. Long time no see, CD. :P
As y'all know, I've been taking an extended break from NWN stuff due to life rearing its ugly head, but in my free time I've been dedicating myself to a fun project that's actually getting a lot of amazing feedback from an equal amount of amazing people. RJ's seen a couple of these and liked them, so I figured I'd show you folks what I've been up to and see if you'd get a kick out of it as well. A lot of you are of a literary mindset, so you'll probably appreciate this in the same (horrible) vein that I do. :)
I'm going through and doing a dramatic reading of the infamous "My Immortal" Harry Potter fanfiction. The fun part about it is that I've never actually read it before, so as I say in the first part, it's all being done "sight on scene" and my reactions to it are all in real-time. There's also a fun amount of editing in them as well to point out some of the more "memorable" aspects of what I read. Or you could just have it open in another tab and go about your business, too, since it's a dramatic reading and all.
If you've got some time to kill, totally check them out. People have been telling me that they're a hoot and a holler, so you might dig 'em.
Here's the newest vid: (NSFW, it's got some language in it)

Anywho. I might make some time in the near-ish future to jump on and harass you lot again. Hope to see you soon. :) Later, all.

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Deleted

You know, until a few months ago when Lady & Edge mentioned it...  I had never heard of this fanfic.

I... wish I still hadn't?  Though listening to it is less painful.

Deleted

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

ladybug Avatar
I'm hearing James in these voices now.
HAHAHAHAHA

The character and I both have a twang (my entire family on my dad's side are farmers), I've just had enough city acclimation to iron it out after 27 years. It still likes to poke out every now and then, though. <_<

Deleted

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

Edge Avatar
This should be your next project when you're done with My Immortal. Several links in the description paragraph to copies of the story text.
I have had more than one person tell me about that particular little fanfiction, so it's absolutely next on the list once Immortal's finished. Super looking forward to it.

On that note, I've made a few more videos since the last one I posted. Here's the latest disaster I read.

tarriel

*scowls in goffik* must become a server emote