Main Menu

(Greater) Magic Fang

Started by allatum, Sep 13, 2015, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allatum

Can these spells be changed to do two things? first, Target the specific creature to receive the bonus if it has an unarmed attack (slam, bite, gore, or gloves) And second: if cast on self, add an enchantment bonus to the wearer's gloves for unarmed damage?

Reasoning:
3.5 edition Magic Fang
Pathfinder Magic Fang

It would also make druid shifting a bit more viable if doing animal and elemental forms.

trylobyte

I think GMW and Elemental Weapon both work on gloves as it is.  Druid would be more problematic considering you'd need someone else to cast it on you after you shift.

allatum

Tinkering with scripting can have glove enchantments carry over to creature attacks (which are items themselves.) I just think it'd be nice to have something like this to be more in line with the Pen and Paper versions rather than the weird thing NWN does.

Vincent07

GMW does currently affect gloves.  Though druids do not get that spell.  I don't recall if their brambles/spikes variant works on gloves or not.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

Only clubs and quarterstaves I believe.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

allatum

Brambles works on Scimitars too. But really this was just a suggestion. I don't script so I don't know how much actual work would be involved in doing this compared to how many druids my actually benefit from this (since there aren't many active druids at the moment!)