Main Menu

It's That Time Again

Started by Edge, Oct 01, 2015, 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

I was just going to bump an old thread for this, but apparently I've never actually made a thread for this before.

I work in the accounting business, doing data entry for a firm that handles a lot of non-profit companies and so forth. As a result, whenever quarter-end bookkeeping time comes around, we do extensive amounts of overtime. Every January, April, July, and October are thus busy, busy times for me, and my server presence diminishes as a result.

Well, it's October, so it's time to jump on that particular wagon again. I'll still be playerside occasionally, though not nearly as much as normal, and I'll be present for all events I sign up for, barring unforeseen circumstances. But my DMing presence will be near-nonexistent, and all my plots will be on hold until November.

I'll also be using this time to catch up on a lot of my non-NWN gaming - particularly finishing up my replay of Final Fantasy IX and finally getting to play through Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default. So if I'm not in-game or at work, that's probably where I am. ;)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

valiea987

Have a good one!

Also: A Link Between Worlds was -really- good! The ending made me cry it was so touching. Have fun with it! :D

Valimar Dragonbane

Hope you get overtime for those extra hours!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

onivel

Good luck with the insanity season!
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

trylobyte

Crush the number-demons as zealously as you crush your enemies, and we shall see you in November!

Edge

And I'm back! The last week of this was actually pretty smooth and easy compared to the usual Overtime Hell. We are officially back on normal schedules as of next week, in addition to a rather unexpected Halloween Saturday off.

I'll hopefully be renewing my hanging plot or two as well as starting up on my next project soon =)

valiea987

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

onivel

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Nevermore

Indeed! Glad you have back!

theshobit

Edge

The fourth quarter has come and gone and thus January Hell looms large on the horizon. This week is the last real reprieve I'll have; after New Years' weekend, it's back into the grind for another month.

Come February, however, I've got something planned for everyone. A conclusion to my outstanding Dance of Pales plot that some of you have been waiting on (apologies for that to those involved, I've been far busier the past three months than usual for my work schedule!) and another, new, large-scale plot that I'm eager to begin.

I'll still be playerside on occasion, but as always with these tri-monthly schedule shifts, it'll be much less prominently, and I'll be spending a lot of time doing other things just due to work-related exhaustion.

See you all in February! Mwahahahahahahah!!

Edge

Well my overtime hell should be coming to a close within the next week or two. But that's not really what this post is about.

It seems I'm highly likely to have some manner of anxiety disorder, and tonight I had an incident which, long story short, ended with me spending a couple hours in a hospital bed and now sitting in the lobby waiting for someone i know to be awake so i can call for a ride.

Mostly the point of this was to announce that I probably will be slower with my intended upcoming plots and events than originally expected, at least until I adjust to new medication and get my stress levels better under control. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

destinysdesire

Feel better hun, I understand anxiety issues and you need to deal with this before anything else, this is far more important then any game, take care of yourself and I hope things get better really soon!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden