Main Menu

Preview: Sorcerer/Bard Prestige Class Spellcasting

Started by Fire Wraith, Nov 14, 2015, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

So to give you guys a heads up, we've gotten the prestige classes to be fully functional for Sorcerers and Bards. The code for that should be coming in the next update in a few days here, depending on Vincent's schedule.

To be clear, it's not a pretty or clean version, but it works. You'll have to enter the number of the spell you want in a chat command, for each spell you would otherwise know. Once that's done, the game will "remember" and readd it to your known list after logging in. You'll also get prompted to add new ones when you level up.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Fire Wraith

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

whitespirit

I do not play or even know much about bard/sorcery spell casting, but I woudl like to applaud, this sounds like something that was very difficult to get to work and to me seems like a *lot* of work, tinkering, etc was involved in it. Thank you for all the energy and effort!!

Fire Wraith

Vincent did a lot of the heavy lifting a year or two ago, I just did the debugging work to isolate, identify, and fix some of the problems.

But yes, basically any Wizard prestige class will now be full functional for sorcerer/bard.
Also, bard prestige classes like Dragonsong Lyricist should work for that aspect, though the specialty songs need some work still (I'll be looking at those tomorrow).

Garage Trashcan

Rejoice, Vincent Potter and the Sorcerer's Code is upon us.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Fire Wraith Avatar
Also, bard prestige classes like Dragonsong Lyricist should work for that aspect, though the specialty songs need some work still (I'll be looking at those tomorrow).

Awesome! Kendaku volunteers to be guinea pig.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

valiea987

Oh wow, so that means we can have Sorcerer Theurges now too!

FaeFae

This is an amazing innovation. It really impresses me to see what skilled people can do with this game.

Vincent07

You will need a copy of spells.2da to reference the spell line number for the spell you want to add, so it isn't the prettiest setup, but it's better than nothing.  There will be a journal entry describing the process to add spells when the system goes live with my next update.

Hopefully that will be this week.  Had some life things going on.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Fire Wraith

No worries. I'll try and put up a list for ease of reference for people to use with it here on the forum.

Mystic Warden

A big thank you for you all who made this happen! :) *offers cookies*
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords