Main Menu

Mechanics Question - Dragonsong Lyricist

Started by Nokteronoth, Jan 03, 2016, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokteronoth

So, I was considering making a character that's a bard.

Dragonsong lyricist seemed like a pretty neat class. I've never seen anyone playing one on CD, far as I'm aware. 

My questions are thus: Does taking Dragonsong Lyricist suspend Bardsong progression? 

What's the save based off of for the Song of Compulsion and Fear? 

Do Bard feats like Lingering Song and Lasting Inspiration effect the Lyricist songs?

~BR

Garage Trashcan

What I can tell you is basically all of the circle effects are broken and stay where you initially cast them instead of following you around.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

allatum

They can be force moved if you have flight or dimension door. I think C/D has a familiar summoning command as well that might work?

But for flight forcing the circle to move. you have to go to where you want the circle effect then use flight to make it jump.

Edge

It progresses casting but has the usual spontaneous-casting bug. And since we've discovered that trying to force the engine to allow PrCs to progress spont-casting causes server crashes, you'll need to be a 16th or higher level Bard (aka already have 6th-level Bard spells) before you take your first level of DSL if you don't want to cause server problems.

The reason you don't see any DSLs around is because of the lack of spell progression. There's a few of us who simply RP being associated with the Dragonsong, including taking the feat, but don't actually take the class due to the bugged casting progression and the above-mentioned errors with the song auras.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Vincent07

The song DCs are buggy too.  For some reason they never seem to report properly, even when I've put specific catches in to force them to a certain level.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Nokteronoth

In other words, the class is pretty much broken for now, and if you want to play it, likely better to just go bard and RP it?

~BR

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda