Main Menu

Who is Your Character Based Off of? [Revived]

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Dec 27, 2013, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Felix is based off me, to various extents. He's stubborn and idealistic, but will defend those he cares about to the death and to an annoying extent. I wrote a bunch of stories about him in high school.

Nikolai is based off of my old Dragon Age: Origins character, who was based off my friend's D&D character. Russian Barbarian was about as much that translates from the original concept, though. Nikolai Day is still original, I promise.

I'm not quite sure exactly what Merriwether is based off of. I feel like he's just this really enthusiastic newsie. He's sort of part Tin-Tin, part Young Indiana Jones, which I realized after creation. I really enjoy his concept.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Arya

So, I did not know anything of the Black Widow until the Avengers chain, but...her style is oddly very similar to the Ravenshadow PCs I play, to some extent or another.  In another server, one of them even ends up falling to the dark side for a while.  

Otherwise, I think before I found out that similarity, Alyssana was inspired by some good ol' Asian exorcist/assassin storylines. Soul Calibur, My Date With A Vampire,  etc.  Then she turned out becoming similar to Nolan's version of the Dark Knight.  Go figure.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Silveryfeather

So...Zaeth. Started off as : "I want to play a pretty boy drow." I also think Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview with the Vampire was an inspiration. :)

Ogre Time Yay

Here we go, found a video example of my character Rene Tounier.
Sherlock Holmes from the show Sherlock.

Lumnakar

Ogre Time Yay Avatar

Sherlock Holmes from the show Sherlock.

I get what you mean, but before I did I almost lost a little will to live :P

Ogre Time Yay

"Sherlock Holmes from the show Sherlock"

Guy from Crowd: No shit, Sherlock!

onivel

I like the Sherlock from " Elementary " myself. Its one of the few shows I DVR. Love that Moriarty is both a woman and his former lover.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Ogre Time Yay

Hal 'Tzer Juei'walin
The EX-Bladesinger, Now Mentally Insane and Evil Beyond Redemption.

The character he is almost -exactly- like is the character Trager from Outlast. He's got the voice, he's got the laid back and somewhat welcoming personality, he's got the burn scarred skin... Trager pretty much -is- Hal 'Tzer if Hal 'Tzer was a human and had a large bald spot.

Trager is an even better example of Hal 'Tzer because of the setting of Outlast, seeing as the mental asylum in that game treats their patients almost like the Blood Cloaks treat their kidnapped slaves.

Video of Trager scenes and Dialogue below:

WARNING: This video can be disturbing and -very- bloody

Dialogue:

Nymera

Alexia Vilkova is not entirely based off anyone, but parts of her story are inspired by, believe it or not,  Hellboy.

Obviously there are some biiiig differences; sex, species, and overall personality for example.  :P  But we choose our own destiny, and to hell with everyone who tries to tell us what we're "supposed" to do and be!

(This also eerily resembles Alexia's relationship with her father...)

darthweasel

Minerva's just another iteration of a character I have been tossing about for ten years or so. I can say that she currently wears much more clothing than the previous versions of the character. (The old half dressed joke got well old) Odd as this combination is these are two big influences on her.

And more of her attitude covered by this. She's pretty arrogant,

Darvins

I can tell you the one I'm making up this week, the entire process in facts! So it started with months of Stormy debating new character concepts, to getting the urge to making one myself. To Stormy sending me some really awesome piccys, that gave a few concepts. To almost going for a different one but I was having far too much trouble trying to work out how to play it. To picking the Arcane Trickster idea...

Then the last twist I was trying to work out the personality when I decided you know, I always liked the Cat Woman/Selina who can pass in Bruces social Circuit (that is not Year One Catwoman who... yeah lets pretend that never happened) So the next char is based on a Picture and Catwoman... as the basic inspiration.

Nevermore

Vivian De'Winter is based soley on, Charlie Kate, From Charms for the Easy Life, by Kaye Gibbons. 

Colin Mack

Hnmm  Most of my pcs are based off of aspects of me.

Kyle is the part of me that wants to be a better person. To be a hero. The tragic backstory for him emerged on another server that i played on for years before i came here.

Alice is just my humour really given a personality i do most of her decison making through a magic eight ball (you can all thank Aelie for that) She evolved from a pc i created from playing in pathfinder. I don't remember the module but at the start i remember i had made Alice in my head and well... the first villian wore red and black leathers and carried two handaxes... i just looked down at Alice and she was "Well shit" it was quite funny.

Cecilia Rayne is my side that wants to be a bitch :) hmm she evolved from a Server where i was a DM on greyhawk lords and i was running some stuff for Morwen. She evolved from a minor pc in one of the cities who got caught up in a scheme beyond her control. The Collar Ce wears is a magical item that was used to Enslave the Minatour Lord Kazz'zik one of his old bands round his wrists i just liked the idea so kept the collar here though just for the look mostly. When he awokened he hired one of Mors pcs's to retrive it and she brought back the woman who would become Cecilia and she was then enslaved and twisted into what she would become. Intrestingly Marvel did a female version of Mr Sinster (well its not really but sort of is her name is Claudine Renko and she was one of the potential people who could have been taken over by him) and she looks so much like Ce and is a bitch it's quite scary :)

Also RJ Merida is Scottish not Irish as a Scotsman i know :P

Ogre Time Yay

Y'vellie "Mort" Tav'arin is mostly based off of Oh Daesu from the original Oldboy, with a small touch of Alfred, Bruce Wayne's butler... Mostly Oh Daesu though.
This line:
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?" - Said several times in the movie.
Is a line that pretty much defines Y'velli's story. It's a real mess, bizarre, and generally heart breaking story with a ton of twists involving both him, Hydaro, and Hydaro's "father". The reason that he doesn't show any emotion doesn't have anything to do with him not knowing how to show it, because he does show a smirk or quick smile occasionally. It has more to do with him turning himself off, because "they can't hurt you if you're not there."

I think the fact that his story is so bizarre with a bunch of hidden surprises is what makes me want to play this character more than I usually play as one of my Alts, the mystery that I leave for other characters to slowly figure out the more they hang around him is really thrilling.
[Hint: I give off clues every time he speaks, fitting considering he use to have his tongue cut out and went by the name Mute.]
The character is like one puzzle cube that needs to be unraveled and set in order to understand, but the fact that he only bothers associating with people who have earned his respect in combat makes the task of figuring him out alot more challenging.

I love characters that are broken mentally, beyond repair, insane, like Fenar and Hydaro.

Oh Daesu from Oldboy (I recommend watching this movie, it's really good)

The Red Mage

Don't watch the English Dub, or I will find my way into your place with a Craftsman hammer.