Main Menu

Had to a lot of digging in the forums

Started by jim, Feb 01, 2016, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim

As an old guy wanting to come back to NWN and finding a populated server that is fun but challenging, low magic and low xp given, with out a lot of weird stuff and rules, as long as you stay in character and don't ruin it for the other people. I was so bummed to find out that the xp on character progression was shut off at a certain point and had to do with Dm given xp to progress, I know how that goes and people that have no life and live their life through sitting around and RP on these games.   Found this one.  I was disappointed to learn that there is a cut off on xp from hunting and forced RP to progress on the server. So bummed. I guess I will go back to reading Fantasy D&D books.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

FaeFae

Welcome to the server. :)

While receiving XP from DM quests can assist with the pacing, there is a script in place which gives you roughly 300 XP a day over the course of one and a half and three hours of play give or take. It caps each day so just playing for a little while can see you progress. The majority of people tend to go this route.

It is a roleplay server foremost so don't think of RP as an experience grind, but instead the best draw the place has to offer.

destinysdesire

Really I have been here about 2 months, in that time I have gotten 1 char to lvl 15, and most others to lvl 11, lvl 11 if done right takes 2 - 3 days tops. I am not generally a fan of capped systems either....but in reality it is very easy to get into events and lvl up.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

kothoses

You might want to skip to the last page of those books, I mean theres no point just reading all the build up to that right?

Garage Trashcan

Well, we're pretty far from low magic anyway. Sure, it's not +20 weapons with OnHit: PWK on everything, but magic items have definitely gotten stronger.

Anyway, cheers. Have fun reading your D&D novels instead of giving something a chance to see if you like it.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Arya

...I am sorry you wasted a few minutes of your time putting together this post.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

Seriously.. WTF was the purpose of that post besides trolling?

If you are looking for a place to play... come on in and give it a try. Its been here for quite a while, and is still here so it must be doing something right. CD is not going to fit everyone's tastes. If it does not fit yours, fare thee well and good luck in finding a place that suits you.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

carp6

ITS A TROLL PAY HIM QUICK TO CROSS THE BRIDGE!!! lol...so dumb...

kothoses

carp6 Avatar
ITS A TROLL PAY HIM QUICK TO CROSS THE BRIDGE!!! lol...so dumb...
OBJECTION!

As a card carrying certified member of the Computerised United Nation of Trolls I find it highly offensive to have such a post lumped in with our Art Form, its like comparing Bieber to Bowie!.

destinysdesire

Just to point out guys....new players do see and read these boards, it comes off as rather rude with some comments which really are not needed....maybe relax a bit with some comments?
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Deleted

Mmh, I won't say anything against it when the original post was equally rude.

That said, no point in beating a dead horse.  Locked.