Main Menu

14 credit hours...

Started by foo, Feb 18, 2016, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foo

One year ago I decided I was fed up and done with school, and started planning out my future. I committed to graduate spring 2016 and decided come hell or high water that I would do it because I was done, absolutely done with working 30 hours a week and doing school, not able to start my life because of expenses, and being too busy to do fun things.

Summer 2015 I did 6 credits of summer school, fall 2015 I did a full semester load, and this semester I'm pushing 14 credit hours in two intensive programming courses, along with Biology and a philosophy course.

All this has taken me for a spin once the semester built up to full speed, and I'm probably going to be hit-and-miss with my playtimes until may. If you need me to be on for something, I'd love to make time, but message me and I'll let you know if I can make it. I'll see you all in game (some time :D)!

Valimar Dragonbane

Good luck with the schooling!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Arya

Since I work and go to school full-time (don't ask, it definitely costs sanity!), I can definitely feel you. The semester has picked up for me, too, with my playtimes a bit more sporadic and yet reliant on planning ahead. Time management is quite a job, as you are experiencing!

In other words, real life comes first! We hope to see you sooner than later.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

Good luck with the school work. We'll be here when you are able and ready.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

whangdoodle

Arya Kalarathri Avatar
Since I work and go to school full-time (don't ask, it definitely costs sanity!), I can definitely feel you. The semester has picked up for me, too, with my playtimes a bit more sporadic and yet reliant on planning ahead. Time management is quite a job, as you are experiencing!

In other words, real life comes first! We hope to see you sooner than later.

Sincerely,
Arya
Hahahahahaha
I cry/laugh because I do the same
:(

foo

So things were going to get easier, until suddenly GM wanted to relocate me to Arizona for a job. So I'm going to have a bit more time when I graduate, but then I have to train my replacement at work, then move ;_;

foo

School's over, I'm still prepping to move! THings will start looking more stable at the end of june.

Arya

Yay! Good to see you are still keeping in touch with us. :-)

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow