Main Menu

Movie quotes to stump the younglings

Started by onivel, May 22, 2016, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

If you are over 30, you aren't allowed to answer.

No using your Google-Fu. Name the movie.

Here goes the first one.

"Gentlemen you cant fight in here! This is the war room!"
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

onivel

Well done... here goes another...

" Definitely.. definitely not my underwear. "
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

realityjumper

Love the song from that one. But I'm over 30 so won't answer :P

"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Edge

onivel Avatar

Rain Man. Thank Animaniacs for me knowing that!
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Edge Avatar
onivel Avatar

Rain Man. Thank Animaniacs for me knowing that!

Well done.. and RJ  Yeah ;)

Alright.. Next one.. and remember.. no answering unless you are a youngling (30 or under).

" I am serious, and don't call me Shirley "

Garage Trashcan

Airplane, said by Leslie Neilson's character.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

This block is being designated a Neighborhood Watch Area. There's a guy up here named Snake. He's wearing garage-sale clothes and the top of his head looks like a parakeet. He also has FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in small bills in a briefcase. As his neighbors, it is your responsibility to make sure there are no suspicious characters or evil perpetrators lurking in the area who would seek to do him harm. Again, FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in small bills, tax free, in a briefcase right in this apartment. Which has a really cheeseball lock! You can bust your way in there, bop him on the head, take the money, nobody would know! So it's UP TO YOU. Thanks a lot, have a good day.

Hand_of_Banath

I forget the name of the character. But its said by Billy Crystal in Running Scared

23 and I feel old...

onivel

Hand_of_Banath Avatar
I forget the name of the character. But its said by Billy Crystal in Running Scared

23 and I feel old...

I will say you have excellent taste in movies. 23 and to know this one from the 80s. Excellent. This is one of my favorites of all time. THE buddy cop movie.

I debated using that quote or:

So how was she?

Friiendly.

Hand_of_Banath

onivel Avatar
Hand_of_Banath Avatar

23 and I feel old...

I will say you have excellent taste in movies. 23 and to know this one from the 80s. Excellent. This is one of my favorites of all time. THE buddy cop movie.

I debated using that quote or:

So how was she?

Friiendly.
To be fair, it was on TV around 2 weeks ago and I watch allot of late-night television (or rather, I have it on to provide ambiance),  though I have seen it before.

The quote I remembered/associate with Running Scared is probably:

"How come these losers never live on the ground floor?"

onivel

That was a good one too.

Alright.. Next one up..

"What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny?" "Make yourself at home?" "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

onivel

Yes... That one went quick. Another of my all time favorite movies. It was pure comic gold.

onivel

I'll go a little further back for this one to a classic.

" Look! We've figured it seventeen different ways, and every time we figured it, it was no good, because no matter how we figured it, somebody don't like the way we figured it! So now, there's only one way to figure it. And that is, every man, including the old bag, for himself! "