Main Menu

Whoa! Stuff. And travels. And things.

Started by Goat, Jan 24, 2017, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

So wanted to give all you awesome folks a heads up!  Going  out of town this Friday to Sunday for a wedding, that's the good times fun part!

So as I mentioned a few months ago, my job is being eliminated at the company I work for, the date is finally upon us, and D-Day is Friday, February 3rd.  That being said, things worked out pretty well, I've got a new position I'm transferring into, no loss of pay, hours may change ~slightly~, but other than that, for right now, it's pretty good.  I may still look for other opportunities outside the company though, we shall see.  Reason I'm bringing it up is that that week I may be working crazy hours, or I may even be around more, just depending on the work load and all the requirements to ensure that the transition to the new system goes smoothly.  The following weekend the wife and I are being kidnapped by some wonderful friends of ours with the intention of drinking a lot of adult beverages and what have you to celebrate / not have to think about the changes at work, and will be going out of town for a day or two as well.

TL;DR:  Goat is going out of town this weekend, and next as well.  Work changes means may not be around as much in the between times, or it could mean around a lot more.  Who knows.

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Arya

Best wishes! And I am happy for you, like I said earlier!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow