Main Menu

Spell description update

Started by Anrayne, Nov 28, 2019, 06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anrayne

So a lot of spells written in the newer editions use gender-neutral pronouns (they/them, the caster, etc). Any chance that can be done for CD's spell descriptions?

The Red Mage

All the ones I see are in first person or refer to "the caster". It may be a rare problem. Can you pick out the spells you see with the description? May be easier to pin-point the culprits.

Anrayne

I'm not at home to verify that I'm out of town for Thanksgiving but they we're a handful of the new spells of The wizarding spell schools that I could find.

Edge

The chances of this happening are pretty slim, because this is a huge undertaking. Editing all the description strings for all spells that use any sort of pronoun would take an immense amount of time and is an incredibly monotonous task on top of that. And to be quite blunt, our builders and scripters have a ton of things already on their plates such as hak adjustments, class balancing, new dungeons and areas in the works, and so forth.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda