Main Menu

Invisible Blade/Throwing Knives

Started by jamaisvu, May 24, 2014, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamaisvu

So I have a character that I'm intending to go for Invisible Blade, but are Throwing Knives an 'allowable' weapon to focus in? I don't know if you can mechanically select them/if they work, or if you should select darts instead?

Garage Trashcan

You're better off going darts since throwing knives are non-standard and the feats are finnicky with them.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

dagesh

Welcome to CD!

Sorry, off topic.

Deleted

Technically, all throwing knives on the server ARE darts, just with a knife model.  You take WF darts for them.

However, due to the NWN engine, throwing knives are impractical as a primary weapon.

jamaisvu

Ah, sweet! Thank you very much!

Fire Wraith

The ones in the shop should have the knife model, though - we'll get that changed.  Bella is correct though, mechanics wise they're treated as darts, since it's ridiculously hard to make new ranged weapons/ammo in NWN.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

onivel

I have a Rogue/InvBlade who uses darts/throwing knives as his primary ranged weapon and have they have worked well. Mind you, mechanically you are better off with bows, but for fun and flavor I like the throwing knives.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

I have an elf who prefers throwing knives over other ammo weapons, and light/elvish crossbows over longbows. ;-) It is -all- about flavour and style!

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

jamaisvu

I've found them to work quite well so far. :>

The Red Mage

Darts do more damage than longbows at higher levels if you have access to GMW/ Elemental Weapon.

goodapollo

Throwing weapons are enchantable? That is fantastic.

Ogre Time Yay

It's a good thing they weren't enchantable when I was a giant fly, that could have been fatal for me. I like throwing knives, I-I like knives in general. They're sharp, they're shiny, and you can uh... You can uh... Throw them. Now imagine... If they were invisible, I'm Jeff Goldblum.

jamaisvu

No no Jeff Goldblum, you're invisible.

nightmother

Hi there, I was thinking of joining the server, and am just doing some research on the server history, classes etc. Where it says this is an high BAB class, does that mean it's full BAB like ranger/fighter etc? Just looking at aspects of four attacks per round. Lots of neat classes you can apply for, trying to decide on something like ranger/invisible blade/assassin, or rogue instead, if you can still hit the four attacks per round with the invisible blade giving 1 bab. (Sorry, I'm horrible with builds, great at ideas behind characters and story ideas etc, but never the builds to represent them.)

The Red Mage