Main Menu

Long Sword Scabber, Back Packs

Started by Ryoko Honda, Dec 10, 2015, 03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoko Honda

Hello, CD Devs,

I was digging through your hak file and noticed that the long sword sheath, and Back Pack. I noticed that these assets are in the Wings option for characters. Is there way to set them or items for a character. So that they can use the command to toggle them on and off?

destinysdesire

Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Ryoko Honda

No, these assets are in the wings options for every character.

destinysdesire

No I mean....make them a cloak setting...
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Ryoko Honda

Oh. That would require HAK reworks and such. No the option right now is getting the DMs to set your wings to the # for the sword or backpack. Then use the command /togglewings

Garage Trashcan

Both of these are available as Neck options when crafting clothing using the tailoring models.

There are waist sheaths as well under the Belt section.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Yep, what DA said.

Dunno why they're in the wing slots, to be honest. While it's possible to have them put on with LETO and use the /togglewings feature to show or hide them, we wouldn't allow it as the game would treat them as actual wings and allow flying without the proper spell active or actually possessing wings.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Both of these are available as Neck options when crafting clothing using the tailoring models.

There are waist sheaths as well under the Belt section.
I think she was wanting to be able to toggle it on and off if it is in the wing slot like the actual wings can be done.

But as Edge said, the system in place would think you had wings and would give you the fly widget if you toggled them on which is why this won't be happening.

What can be done is make two copies of the same outfit and have one copy with and one copy without the scabbard/backpack etc. Just swap between the two outfits. We do have some bags IG that are100 wt reduction and tagged for "clothing only" just so people can do things like this with multiple clothing outfits without weighing them down.  
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Vincent07

There are a number of scabbard and backpack things in the wing section.  Not sure why tbh.  Presently there is no way to access them in-game.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Mystic Warden

onivel Avatar
We do have some bags IG that are100 wt reduction and tagged for "clothing only" just so people can do things like this with multiple clothing outfits without weighing them down.  
The clothing bags giving only 60% weight reduction.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Misty

The bags that give weight reduction, and are weight reduced themselves are the best option for clothing I've found. They'll still weigh less than 1 lb.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

Ryoko Honda

Vincent07 Avatar
There are a number of scabbard and backpack things in the wing section.  Not sure why tbh.  Presently there is no way to access them in-game.
Exactly what he said. I've seen them used in other places a usable items that can be activated to add the pack, and there sword to your chacarter's back. I can provide screen shots in a little bit. Though maybe a DM can help test this theroy at some point. 

:)

Deleted

Again, those slots would register as having "wings" equipped via our scripts and allow you access to flying.

Ryoko Honda

Oh really? I wasn't aware. Well dead subject then. ^^

onivel

Mystic Warden Avatar
onivel Avatar
We do have some bags IG that are100 wt reduction and tagged for "clothing only" just so people can do things like this with multiple clothing outfits without weighing them down.  
The clothing bags giving only 60% weight reduction.
Depends on which ones you find !

... also I could just be an old bastard that has outdated gear that's not in the mod anymore.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.